LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:27 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thanks, guys. I made some changes to each of the last two Duos. How do they look now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #120

Man, the end approaches quickly for the Moria culture. Four more Duos (including this one) and we’re done!

As we wind down, the last few cards may seem kind of scattered. These cards have a direct connection only through their lore (the first one’s lore completes the second one’s lore), though they’re both pretty nice cards on their own. Enjoy!

7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 13
Vitality: 4
Site: 5
Fierce.
To play, spot 2 Moria minions and a threat.
When you play this minion, you may play a Moria Orc or Moria weapon from your discard pile.
“...they came on like a tide in fury and disorder.”

1 Banner of the Mountains Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Moria Orc.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add a threat for each site you control.
“Their banners were countless, black and red....”

Site control? Moria? Right now, this is little better than a splash card, yes. (Though they splash pretty well with the Green Orcs in the set, as you’ll soon find out.) But that will change with goblins in the next set, The Road Ahead, as their seizure of Khazad-dûm leads to some site controlling cards.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:38 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.
When you play this minion, you may play a Moria Orc or Moria weapon from your discard pile.

Sweet! excellent.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add a threat for each site you control.

Site control? Moria? Right now, this is little better than a splash card, yes. (Though they splash pretty well with the Green Orcs in the set, as you’ll soon find out.) But that will change with goblins in the next set, The Road Ahead, as their seizure of Khazad-dûm leads to some site controlling cards.

i would have liked to see this card add a threat for each captured character or something like that, but whatever.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:25 pm
Dáin’s DC Duos #121

Okay, I lied. Razz

I’ve been debating about whether or not to design one particular goblin in this set, and I’ve decided that yes, I will. And more than that, I have decided to give him some site-controlling ability to at least give Moria a little bit of that in Lasting Alliances, so they don’t have to solely rely on their Green Orkish allies or their Moria descendants in the next set, The Road Ahead, to make use of the Banner of the Mountains.

So here he is, the baddest of the bad goblins: Azog. Twisted Evil Enjoy!

6Azog, King of Moria Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 12
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Lurker. Fierce.
To play, spot 2 Moria Orcs.
Each Dwarf is strength -1 (or -2 if you control any site 4).
Each time Azog wins a skirmish, you may discard a Moria Orc to take control of a site.
“‘If beggars will not wait at the door, but sneak in to try thieving, that is what we do to them. Go and tell them so! But if his family wish to know who is now king here, the name is written on his face. I wrote it! I killed him! I am the master!’”

6Azog, Full of Guile Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Fierce. Hunter 2.
Each unwounded Moria Orc skirmishing a Dwarf is damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Azog twice and take an unwounded Moria Orc into hand to take control of a site.
“‘What? Yet another beggar at my doors? Must I brand you too?’”

I would certainly like to have another review or two of Duo #120, but I wanted to post Azog now since his text ties so closely with the Banner.

Oh, and with this being an all-new Duo, we still have three more Moria Duos left after this. The sooner each Duo gets reviewed, the sooner the next one goes up. And the sooner we get through them all, the sooner we start the next culture. Mr. Green
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am assuming with only 1 review you want another so...
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #120
7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.
WAY underpowered. cut cost to 6, vitality to 3, add another keyword, give him 14 strength and u are talking.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:46 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #121

Okay, I lied. Razz

I’ve been debating about whether or not to design one particular goblin in this set, and I’ve decided that yes, I will. And more than that, I have decided to give him some site-controlling ability to at least give Moria a little bit of that in Lasting Alliances, so they don’t have to solely rely on their Green Orkish allies or their Moria descendants in the next set, The Road Ahead, to make use of the Banner of the Mountains.

So here he is, the baddest of the bad goblins: Azog. Twisted Evil Enjoy!

Minion • Orc
Lurker. Fierce.
Each time Azog wins a skirmish, you may discard a Moria Orc to take control of a site.
“‘If beggars will not wait at the door, but sneak in to try thieving, that is what we do to them. Go and tell them so! But if his family wish to know who is now king here, the name is written on his face. I wrote it! I killed him! I am the master!’”

Nice...but to many strategies ruin a culture. I think this is fine, but don’t go overboard.

Minion • Orc
Fierce. Hunter 2.
Regroup: Exert Azog and take an unwounded Moria Orc into hand to take control of a site.

Nice. I’ll review the previous duo now...

I would certainly like to have another review or two of Duo #120, but I wanted to post Azog now since his text ties so closely with the Banner.

Oh, and with this being an all-new Duo, we still have three more Moria Duos left after this. The sooner each Duo gets reviewed, the sooner the next one goes up. And the sooner we get through them all, the sooner we start the next culture. Mr. Green
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:48 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #120

Man, the end approaches quickly for the Moria culture. Four more Duos (including this one) and we’re done!

As we wind down, the last few cards may seem kind of scattered. These cards have a direct connection only through their lore (the first one’s lore completes the second one’s lore), though they’re both pretty nice cards on their own. Enjoy!

7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.

Nice! And its unique! Moria needs unique minions for Dark Places.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

Nice. Not a splash card though. Bearer specific hand weapons are never good splashes. But since Moria is getting site control, I suppose its good. Especially since that Vanguard and Hosts of Thousands can play Azog every site.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #121
Minion • Orc
Lurker. Fierce.
talk about meta-killer

Minion • Orc
Fierce. Hunter 2.
Regroup: Exert Azog and take an unwounded Moria Orc into hand to take control of a site.

make it exert him twice
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:08 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #120
7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.

WAY underpowered. cut cost to 6, vitality to 3, add another keyword, give him 14 strength and u are talking.

Well, mm and NBarden both liked it as is, so I think I’ll leave it unless I get another opinion like yours. Nothing personal, but it’s 2 vs. 1. Razz

NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

Nice. Not a splash card though. Bearer specific hand weapons are never good splashes. But since Moria is getting site control, I suppose its good. Especially since that Vanguard and Hosts of Thousands can play Azog every site.

I think you misunderstood, or perhaps I misstated. What I meant was that you’d be splashing a Moria Orc with this weapon in with Green Orkish site control. I wasn’t suggesting giving this to a Green Orc; they can’t bear it anyway.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Orc
Fierce. Hunter 2.

make it exert him twice

Done!

Thanks, you two! Very Happy

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:12 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #120
7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Fierce.

Well, mm and NBarden both liked it as is, so I think I’ll leave it unless I get another opinion like yours. Nothing personal, but it’s 2 vs. 1. Razz

Not talking
be that way. Very Happy
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards