LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
i like the fierce when it must be triggered by something else, so i like the underground deal a lot.

Okay, good. I’ll stick with that then.

macheteman wrote:
i still think that since the wargs were so important that it would be best to have them not be ride-able. they weren’t really possessions in the hobbit. and it would be unique and cool to be different from the two other warg strategies. right now it just seems like there will be 3 cultures that do the same stuff. with wargs as a fighting force, you will have something interesting.

I hear you.

The majority of Moria Wargs will be minions, like the Wild Warg I already posted. I only have two that are mounts. So the main focus of wolves in the Moria culture IS on them being their own "fighting force", as you so eloquently put it. Smile We’ll get to them soon enough, I promise. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Cool
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:07 am
wondermus! i’m looking forward to it.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:10 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
The majority of Moria Wargs will be minions, like the Wild Warg I already posted. I only have two that are mounts. So the main focus of wolves in the Moria culture IS on them being their own "fighting force", as you so eloquently put it. Smile We’ll get to them soon enough, I promise. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Cool

I agree with you that Moria Wargs should be minions; in The Fellowship of the Ring, the Wargs that attacked them outside of Moria did not have Orc riders. However, Aragorn said something like "’Where the warg howls, there also the orc prowls.’" Keep up the good work! Cool
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #104

Thanks for the quick reviews, mm and AP! Now we can move on to...some more somewhat boring goblins. Razz There’s not many more of these, I promise. Enjoy!

2 Goblin Soldier Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Tracker. Hunter 1.
While bearing a hand weapon, this minion is damage +1.
“Others waved their spears and clashed the shafts against their shields.”

Virtually identical to the Goblin Slasher, I know. The tracker and hunter keywords are the difference. Different ehough, though?

2 Goblin Guard Moria
Minion • Orc
While in a fierce skirmish, this minion gains hunter 1.
Each time the fellowship moves, this minion is strength +2 and fierce.
“‘Go back up the passage!’”

Nothing special, but hey, it does discourage the double-move.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Soldier Moria
Minion • Orc
Site: 5
Tracker. Hunter 1.

Oooh, a hunter Moria minion! Shocked Applause

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Guard Moria
Minion • Orc

Nicely done! Smile
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:50 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:15 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #104

Thanks for the quick reviews, mm and AP! Now we can move on to...some more somewhat boring goblins. Razz There’s not many more of these, I promise. Enjoy!

2 Goblin Soldier Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker. Hunter 1.

Virtually identical to the Goblin Slasher, I know. The tracker and hunter keywords are the difference. Different ehough, though?

they cost the same, but this one gets tracker and hunter. and only loses strength +1 and roams one extra site. something has to change. i’d make his site 4, also.

2 Goblin Guard Moria
Minion • Orc

Nothing special, but hey, it does discourage the double-move.

good enough. i don’t know how well a strength 5 minion will do much discouraging though. freeps player will just try to overwhelm him, or use damage bonuses to kill him. but still good.
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:20 am
macheteman wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Soldier Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker. Hunter 1.

they cost the same, but this one gets tracker and hunter. and only loses strength +1 and roams one extra site. something has to change. i’d make his site 4, also.

Okay. I probably should have mentioned it before, but I do have a handful of Moria Orcs that are at site 5 instead of 4, since they were encountered a little later than Moria itself. But I’ll change it for this guy.

Thanks, both of you. Have a bonus GP for your speedy reviews so far today!

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:18 pm
Dáin’s DC Duos #105

Alright, that’s enough of simple goblins for now. Let’s get into some character-specific hating! Mwaha!

Moria cards that target specific characters are nothing new (Dark Fire and the very lethal Such a Little Thing are good examples) and certainly Moria has plenty of culture/race-specific hate (Bitter Hatred, Old Differences, and Throw Yourself in Next Time are just a few of many examples). Below is a little more. Twisted Evil Enjoy!

0 Alone And In Despair Moria
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Moria Orc and remove a threat.
Each time a companion of the same culture as the Ring-bearer is killed, add a burden and a threat.
“Now of Isildur it is told that he was in great pain and anguish of heart....”

This one almost ended up in the Orc culture, along with the vast majority of the Last Alliances/Disaster of the Gladden Fields orkish cards. But it seemed to fit so much better with Moria, don’t you think?

1Not Afraid of Fire Moria
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gandalf spell is played, you may exert your Moria Orc (or spot 3 Moria minions) to exert a companion.
“Others rushed round and stamped and beat, and beat and stamped, until nearly all the flames were put out-but they did not put out the fire nearest to the trees where the dwarves were.”

Very specific, obviously. But many of Gandalf’s more powerful events and conditions are spells, especially in Lasting Alliances. And as many decks as Gandalf appears in, this card could end up getting quite a workout.

macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:10 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #105

Alright, that’s enough of simple goblins for now. Let’s get into some character-specific hating! Mwaha!

Moria cards that target specific characters are nothing new (Dark Fire and the very lethal Such a Little Thing are good examples) and certainly Moria has plenty of culture/race-specific hate (Bitter Hatred, Old Differences, and Throw Yourself in Next Time are just a few of many examples). Below is a little more. Twisted Evil Enjoy!

Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion of the same culture as the Ring-bearer is killed, add a burden and a threat.

This one almost ended up in the Orc culture, along with the vast majority of the Last Alliances/Disaster of the Gladden Fields orkish cards. But it seemed to fit so much better with Moria, don’t you think?

i like it. it really hurts ARBs in a cool way.

Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gandalf spell is played, you may exert your Moria Orc (or spot 3 Moria minions) to exert a companion.
“Others rushed round and stamped and beat, and beat and stamped, until nearly all the flames were put out-but they did not put out the fire nearest to the trees where the dwarves were.”

Very specific, obviously. But many of Gandalf’s more powerful events and conditions are spells, especially in Lasting Alliances. And as many decks as Gandalf appears in, this card could end up getting quite a workout.

yeah. i think it works. i’m not positive if it is the best thing to have the shadow player assign the exertion, but i think it works.
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:16 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area

It seems underpowered; maybe make it 2 or 3 burdens. Think

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Well done; it’s borderlining on costing 2, but 1 seems to fit better. Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards