LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:33 pm
Spoiled:

Gimli, Sprinter
Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor
Lurtz, Halfling Hunter
Soldier’s Cache
Boromir, Proud and Noble Man

Non-Spoiled
Horn of Gondor -Gondor
Watcher at Sarn Ford -Gondor
Treachery Men
Deceit Gollum
Rohirrim Diadem Rohan
Scouring of the Shire - Shire Confirmed.
Arwen’s Bow Elven
Arwen’s Daggers Elven
Disarm Gondor
The Faithful Stone Gondor
For Gondor! Gondor

Cobra, we may need to get a new T&D forum soon.
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:40 pm; edited 6 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh just use D’s idea and recycle the RoS one Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden wrote:

Non-Spoiled
Horn of Gondor -Probably Gondor
Watcher at Sarn Ford -Probably Gondor
Treachery Men
Deceit Gollum
Rohirrim Diadem Rohan
Scourging of the Shire -Probably Shire

Are these from Brad’s Q&A?

BTW, that last one should be "Scouring of the Shire", and would probably be Uruk-hai or Men or Isengard, not Shire.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:41 pm
Yeah. They’re from his Q & A. And the scouring of the shire is fixed.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am going to guess it won’t be isengard because they already made a sack of the shire. Men is my guess.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:49 pm
Dictionary.com wrote:
scour1 /skaʊər, ˈskaʊər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skouuhr, skou-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object) 1. to remove dirt, grease, etc., from or to cleanse or polish by hard rubbing, as with a rough or abrasive material: to scour pots and pans.
2. to remove (dirt, grease, etc.) from something by hard rubbing: to scour grease from pots and pans.
3. to clear or dig out (a channel, drain, etc.) as by the force of water, by removing debris, etc.
4. to purge thoroughly, as an animal.
5. to clear or rid of what is undesirable: to scour the nation of spies.
6. to remove by or as if by cleansing; get rid of.
7. to clean or rid of debris, impurities, etc., by or as if by washing, as cotton or wool.
8. Metallurgy. (of the contents of a blast furnace) to rub against and corrode (the refractory lining).

Just as I suspected; scouring is a good thing, not a bad thing. I would bet that Scouring of the Shire will be a Shire card. My Two Cents.
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:24 pm
That was my thought process....I didn’t think it would be disputable. But, since it is disputed, I’ll leave it at [?].
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:29 pm
I wonder what Radagast’s Fanny-pack will be? Razz Maybe we’ll see a new Radagast... Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:33 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Dictionary.com wrote:
scour1 /skaʊər, ˈskaʊər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skouuhr, skou-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object) 1. to remove dirt, grease, etc., from or to cleanse or polish by hard rubbing, as with a rough or abrasive material: to scour pots and pans.
2. to remove (dirt, grease, etc.) from something by hard rubbing: to scour grease from pots and pans.
3. to clear or dig out (a channel, drain, etc.) as by the force of water, by removing debris, etc.
4. to purge thoroughly, as an animal.
5. to clear or rid of what is undesirable: to scour the nation of spies.
6. to remove by or as if by cleansing; get rid of.
7. to clean or rid of debris, impurities, etc., by or as if by washing, as cotton or wool.
8. Metallurgy. (of the contents of a blast furnace) to rub against and corrode (the refractory lining).

Just as I suspected; scouring is a good thing, not a bad thing. I would bet that Scouring of the Shire will be a Shire card. My Two Cents.

"The Scouring of the Shire" is the second-to-last chapter of ROTK. In it, we find that Saruman has taken over the Shire and supplanted all of the nice gardens and everything with his own machinery. "Scouring" referred to Saruman’s take on the Shire: it was technologically backwards, so it needed to be "set to rights".

That’s my take on SotS, at least.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:38 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
"The Scouring of the Shire" is the second-to-last chapter of ROTK. In it, we find that Saruman has taken over the Shire and supplanted all of the nice gardens and everything with his own machinery. "Scouring" referred to Saruman’s take on the Shire: it was technologically backwards, so it needed to be "set to rights".

That’s my take on SotS, at least.

Ah, but did Tolkien specify that Saruman doing the scouring, and not the Hobbits? Throughout the chapter, we see not the evil doings of Saruman as he actually does them; we see the Hobbits riding through, setting things back in order. We’ll find out soon, I suppose. Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit