LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 am
Hi everybody! This week I sat down and came up with this deck idea. I haven’t playtested it, I’m looking forward to do this saturday, but I’d like to share my idea with you guys to know what you think. Here is the deck list.

1x Frodo, Weary from the Journey
1x The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

1x Eomer, Horsemaster
1x Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg
1x Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan
1x Theoden, The Renowned
1x Riders of the Mark
1x Hama, Captain of the King’s Guard
1x Haethen, Veteran Fighter
1x Firefoot, Mearas of The Mark
1x Snowmane, Noble Mearas
1x Horse of Great Stature
1x Rider’s Spear
1x Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon
1x Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
1x Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
1x Sturdy Shield
1x Rohan Worker
1x Rohirrim Doorwarden
4x Rohan Stable Master
1x Riding Like the Wind
1x Golden Glimmer
1x King’s Board
1x Sword Rack
1x Deor
4x Last Days of My House
4x Ride With Me
1x Mithril-coat, Dwarf-mail
1x Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
1x The Tale of the Great Ring

Most of the deck is the basic rohan style. A lot of filtering with Gamling and Last Days of My House. Golden Glimmer and Herugrim, Sword of the Mark help keeping your riders alive; king’s board, ride with me, deor and horse of great stature help winning skirmishes; hama is basically a tech card against corsairs or warg-riders, no need to play him if you’re not spotting possessions; sword rack to get around some possession discarding; riding like the wind for an emergency run and the followers to give versatility to the fellowship.

The stable masters can do a lot: help Eowyn win a skirmish to make everybody strength +1; help frodo; counter riding like the wind’s text. The worker is killer against any site control deck and the doorwarden is there to help who needs the most. Frodo can get 14 strength agains a non-hunter minion if you need him to.

I’m only concerned about the twilight I’m adding with this deck. The followers are twilight cost 2 to play. I’m not worried about the aid costs, but playing two followers in one site gets a little heavy.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard