LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:27 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, since this was really taking the Chain off-track, I figured I’d split it out here.

From the Previous Thread wrote:
0•Debater Skillz Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play this card, you must be a debater.
You are able to define any term any way you want.

0 1AC Cobra
Event • Start of Game
Plays from your deck.
Define the terms of the game.
A debater’s a debater no matter where he is.

And I’ve got a new one...
2 Speedreading Wraith
Condition
Toplayspotacollegejudge.Bearermustbeadebater.
Skirmish:Exertbearerandspeedreadacruddypieceofevidendetodiscardaperfectlygoodargument.
"Hmm...can we go 10,000 wpm, maybe?"
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:10 pm
Lol. In debate, I got the nickname "the auctioneer"

0 1AC [Debate]
Event • Start of Game
Speech
Plays from your deck.
Define the terms of the game.
A debater’s a debater no matter where he is.

2 1NC [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Speech
Shadow: Exert a debater to discard a definition, harm, significance or solvency argument.
Shadow: Exert a debater to wound a plan.
Shadow: Spot a newbie to attack funding. The other player may laugh in your face.
Shadow: Exert a debater to replace a criterion with a stock issue.
The 1NC was a speech loaded with rebuttals to the 1AC, at least, in a decent round...

0 2AC [Debate]
Event • Response
Speech
You may play this event from your discard pile. If you do, remove it from the game.
Heal a plan, replay a definition, harm, significance or solvency argument, or replace a stock issue with a criterion. You may also utterly destroy a funding attack.
The 2AC was just a repeat of the 1AC

0 2NC [Debate]
Event • Beginning of the Negative Block
Speech
Begin a long boring 8 minute speech which is to be followed with more negativism.
The 2NC signaled the start of a long boring 13 minute negative block.

0 1NR [Debate]
Event • Response
Speech
If a judge falls asleep, drop a dictionary on the table with considerable force to suspend the current phase. Wake him up. Resume the suspend phase at the location he began to nod off at.
The judge usually began feeling drowsy around the 2NC, meaning disaster for the 1NR.

0 1AR [Debate]
Event • Response
Speech
If a debater begins to say, "Since I have only 5 minutes to rebut 13 minutes of negative argument, I will be speaking rather fast," tell him or her to shut up and use all of their 5 minutes.
The classic opening to the 1AR wasted the time that they advocated a precious

0 2NR [Debate]
Event • Response
Speech
If the Affirmative brings up a dropped argument or makes a new argument, discard that argument.
NO NEW ARGUMENTS IN THE REBUTTALS!!!!!

0 2AR [Debate]
Event • End of game
Speech
Throw all evidence and sense of arguments out the window to make a last ditch attempt to appeal to the judge and win the round.
The 2AR got away with murder, because the negative was given no opportunity to rebut.

2 Cross-Examination [Debate]
Event • Response
3 minutes of questions
If a speech is played, remove 1 to make this condition a fierce, debater minion with 6 strength and 3 vitality that is strength +1 for each question and minute of questions or in your discard pile. This card is still a condition.
Cross ex, the only time debaters get to go head on head and argue with each other (legally) made some debaters very aggressive.

And then a funny card.

0 Spinning the Newbie [Debater]
Condition • Support Area
Spell
Bearer must be an experienced debater.
Response: If you can spot Cross Examination, take a couple steps backwards and begin to pace behind a newbie skirmishing an experienced debater to make the newbie turn his back on the judge.
Spinning the newbie, a cruel trick that experienced debaters pulled on...less experienced debaters (a.k.a. Newbies), was entertaining to watch.

Hope you enjoy them!
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Laughing
why might i ask? Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:34 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
And the award for pointless DCs goes to...... Razz
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:34 pm
You slowed minded non-debaters wouldn’t get it.

Spinning the newbie is REALLY funny. What you do is in Cross-Ex, you stand right next to the person your cross-examining, facing the judge, and you’re not allowed to look at each other. If you get a newbie who looks at you, take a couple steps backwards and walk behind him, and he will turn around looking at you, with his back facing the judge. Its really funny to watch.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 am
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I say! Laughing

Except that Cross-Examination needs wording changes. It should be a condition, and say "...to make this condition..."

And I’ve never heard of "spinning"...maybe that’s because I only got to second year debate. I wonder if anyone did it to me. Not that I’d know. I always look at the judge. Very Happy

1 Abuse! Abuse! [Debater]
Event • Response
If a debater runs Topicality, spot no evidence in your hand to discard that topicality.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:00 am
If you looked at the judge, you didn’t get spun.

Anyway,

0 No Inherency [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
Fellowship: Exert a negative debater to prevent your opponent from playing minions this turn.
"The status quo is fine, we like how everything’s going, and you’d better not mess with the flow."

0 No Significance [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
Maneuver: If insignificant is defined, exert a negative debater to discard an insignificant minion.
"No that minion isn’t signficant and thus shouldn’t be played."

0 No Solvency [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
You cannot take wounds from losing skirmishes.
"The affirmative team’s minions are not solving their harms (namely, my companions)

0 Non Topical [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
If you cannot spot another Stock Issue, play a definition from your draw deck or discard pile to make your opponent laugh in your face. Discard this condition unless you can carry the argument over to the next turn. Then laugh in your newbie opponent’s face.
Topicality: A Debater’s Last Resort

And then some cards to work with it...

2 My Definition is Better Than Yours [Debate]
Event • Response
Definition
If you are attempting to define a term and your opponent disagrees, define that term.
"...alphabet soup is not a qualified source, and alphabet soup from 1992 is outdated, however, our definition comes from a Dr. Billy Bob, Ph.D., M.A., B.A, J.D. Esq. from 2008. HA!"

0 Forged Evidence [Debate]
Event • Skirmish
Evidence (somewhat)
Claim anything you want. Anything. If your opponent asks to see this card, you lose 10 speaker points.
"How come you have the same name as your source?"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:54 pm
NBarden wrote:
If you looked at the judge, you didn’t get spun.

Anyway,

0 No Inherency [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
Fellowship: Exert a negative debater to prevent your opponent from playing minions this turn.
"The status quo is fine, we like how everything’s going, and you’d better not mess with the flow."
Ouch! Pretty strong there! I like it, though. Hehe...pretty clever. "you’d better not mess with the flow..." Laughing
0 No Significance [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
Maneuver: If insignificant is defined, exert a negative debater to discard an insignificant minion.
"No that minion isn’t signficant and thus shouldn’t be played."
ROFL! Brilliant card, right there!
0 No Solvency [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
You cannot take wounds from losing skirmishes.
"The affirmative team’s minions are not solving their harms (namely, my companions)
Nice. Nice. I likey.
0 Non Topical [Debate]
Condition • Support Area
Stock Issue
If you cannot spot another Stock Issue, play a definition from your draw deck or discard pile to make your opponent laugh in your face. Discard this condition unless you can carry the argument over to the next turn. Then laugh in your newbie opponent’s face.
Topicality: A Debater’s Last Resort
Very Happy Good job!
And then some cards to work with it...

2 My Definition is Better Than Yours [Debate]
Event • Response
Definition
If you are attempting to define a term and your opponent disagrees, define that term.
"...alphabet soup is not a qualified source, and alphabet soup from 1992 is outdated, however, our definition comes from a Dr. Billy Bob, Ph.D., M.A., B.A, J.D. Esq. from 2008. HA!"
Love the lore!!
Event • Skirmish
Evidence (somewhat)
Claim anything you want. Anything. If your opponent asks to see this card, you lose 10 speaker points.
Mr. Green Love the drawback. 10 speaker points! Or is that 10 NFL points? Shocked
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:50 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
NBarden wrote:

Event • Skirmish
Evidence (somewhat)
Mr. Green Love the drawback. 10 speaker points! Or is that 10 NFL points? Shocked

Speaker points. I don’t debate in the NFL, I debate in the NCFCA. (National Christian Forensics and Communications Association). A (large) homeschool debate league. I’m telling you, if I had to argue the U.N. Resolution, I woulda killed someone. Evil or Very Mad Instead we got Medical Malpractice law. Very Happy

Did you like the lore?
Ransom
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:34 am
Awesome topic Very Happy Here’s another one:

Evidence box
[possession] plays to your support area.
When you play this possession add two tokens here.
Debate remove a token from here to play an evidence from your draw deck.
Is that an evidence box or a small pickup truck?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards