LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
syndrome
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:45 am
Hazael has mentioned several times throughout CC that it's not about creating the best deck that never loses, it's about having a fun and creative deck. I couldn't agree more.

Sure, it's fun to have a deck that will obliverate any deck it meets, but not for long...

I personally love my Solo Smeagol deck. Yes it loses, but I enjoy playing with it. I mean seriously ONE companion taking on hordes of minions. Something everybody should try sooner or later ^_^

My minions change more frequently, as I enjoy this side of the deck most and want to get acquainted with many playing styles. I like my goblin biggies, but I also like my mOrcs. The mOrcs are definitely a stronger shadow... but I play both, pending on my mood. (I'll be playing the mOrcs for awhile now though... I want to hurt tOO Very Happy)

How about you?
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:35 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i have to say that gondor is the best deck i have played with. it does loose, but it also has so many ways of expanding, and it is so fun to play with. it has three typs of cultures Knights, Rangers, and Wraiths. you can explore the three cultures, and never seem to get tired of it! Very Happy

i like a wide variety of minions, my orcs are probibly one of my most fun decks, you play desperate defence of the ring, and watch your opponent suffer Twisted Evil, then you pump on the strength and watch your opponent get overwhelmed. Twisted Evil
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:01 pm
I think that winning against another deck is always fun...

But win too much and it gets old.
In the past year I have "perfected" a Dwarven Event Abuse Choke Deck. It rarely lost, it made my friends mad that they, no matter how strong or able minions they could get out (and couldn't get very much as it was a choke), could beat it. I took on minions with total strength equal to 100+ this past summer while only suffering a single wound... This, as you can see, got very old. Only strategic wounding or semi-corruption decks even stood a chance. So I decided to play around with other decks, such as pipeweed, a Gandalf/Rohan deck, and my favorite Uber-Dwarven Draw deck. Now, as I have gone a few months without my precious DEACD deck, I have brought it back, as only to quell the very people I brought to LOTR: TCG (yes, I'm looking at you Phazanzar, Hazael). Look for the return of the DEACD deck in the next few days, I shall post it only after I play against Phazanzar/Hazael and show them that they (especially Phazanzar, as he's particularily defiant of my Elder skills) aren't the superior players.

Then, after I rack up win after win, I'll settle back into fun ideal decks again.

As for the shadow side, I tried a stupid swarm in a 3-way battle against Hazael, Phazanzar and I gained up on him (phazanzar was using Goblin Swarms), he played a few runners, I played 8 minions, he played 4 or so more... That was fun Very Happy
Hazael
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:23 pm
hehehe that was funny Smile

1. I think I remember killing ur Durin III with my strategic wounds with my southrons. Then, my freepeoples got wasted, so I dint get a chance to finish it lol. I dont think it was the same game tho.
2. When you guys gained up on me with swarms... With 7 twilight, you got out like 7 minions against my 4 companions! I held that off with new errands, shadowplays, and various other archery and skirmish cards; and got away with few wounds because of my banner of westernesses. That ended my moving two sites each turn quick. On my next turn, you guys got 12 minions out against my 5 companions! Sad I did alittle better then i thought i would, but my Frodo was still overwhelmed against like 3-4 minions. If I had those two New Errands during that turn, I would have held off to the next site lol.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:41 pm
I use my Gondor / Morcs deck the most, because it's fun yet powerful. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:54 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
My Hobbit/mOrcs deck is fun as all get out to play with. Use Pippin, Hobbit of Some Inteligence, then play Warmed up a bit, then Knocked on the Head! His burden removing ability can be used over and over!
Then just use Tom Bombadil to cancel Merry, From O’er the Brandywine’s skirmish at site 8.
It works better than you’d think Wink
Last edited by Pipsqueak on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in totalLong live the southern bros. Homage
exarrkun
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:02 am
the deck i love the most is my dwarven deck witch is "unbeatable" if you play with strength or swarm against me, but it is so dead against ally wounding or discarting. i just play lots of possessions, four hobbit farmers and site one is Fords of isen. and moooooove to site nine!!!
My tourney deck are elven events with cirdan but my dvarves are much funnier
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...
syndrome
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:12 pm
My orcs rip tOO’s dwarves to shreds btw Razz
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:03 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
My orcs rip tOO’s dwarves to shreds btw Razz

Rip to shreds is quite an overstatement... I mean, a HUGE overstatement...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion