LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
TheJord
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:50 am
Ok so I always find my Rohan decks have too many pumps and not enough wound prevention and assignment manipulation. So hopefully some of the new Rohan strategies can help me out!

38 cards

Ring-bearer:

Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation with The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Starting:

Theoden, The Renowned
Theodred, Second Marshal of the mark

Companions: 9

Eomer, Northman x3
Eowyn, Northwoman x3
Erland, Dale Counselor x3

Events: 7

Inspiration x4
Have Patience x3

Conditions: 7

Brooding on Tomorrow
Watch and Wait x2
Moment of Respite x2
Riding Like the Wind x2

Possessions: 14

Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed
Glamdring, Foe-hammer x2
Firefoot, Eomer’s Steed
Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon
Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
Rider’s Bow x2
Coif x2
Rider’s Mount x2
Rohirrim Mount

The idea is to use Inspiration and the 9 companions in your deck to drain and kill every minion you face. Use Erland to bring it back and Have Patience to keep him healthy. Eomer is big when Gandalf fights, Eowyn makes Gandalf fighting less scary and Theoden and Theodred help with the move limit. Theoden or Theodred can eventually be sacrificed if needs be because you should have Riding Like the Wind out to bump the move limit. Should Erland die, use Falls or Rauros to allow you to play him again. I have tried to cover every angle, swarm protection with defender bonuses, Ninja Gollum with Eowyn, tanks with Eomer, archery with Herugrim and Coif’s, conditions with Brooding and Firefoot. Moment of Respite gives you at least some cycling. I know in reality this deck is probably going to get owned but I wanted to give it a shot.

My first Standard legal deck!!

Any suggestions?
Last edited by TheJord on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm; edited 7 times in total
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:12 pm
I would drop 2 copies Eomer, Eowyn, and Erland, and add 2 copies of Coif. Another copy of Watch and Wait wouldn’t hurt. The deck looks good, but it could use some slimming down. GP for the cool idea! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
TheJord
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:57 pm
Thanks AP I got it down to 38 right now.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nice deck! merry swordthain might be a nice addition for inspiration.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
anonymous22
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:43 pm
May I suggest Narya and Gandalf’s Hat. You seem to be building on a run deck and Narya would be helpful ridding the burdens, while the Hat would rid of all the twilight,setting up the run,nd maybe 2 more riding like the wind. I also advise on cutting 2 or all of your Inspiration, it doesn’t seem that helpful if you’re going to cut two copies of Eomer and eowyn.
TheJord
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:52 pm
I like the Swordthain idea but not so much on cutting Inspiration. Without it all my opponent has to do is not play any minions and with only 11 Gandalf cards left I would definately be corrupted at some point, and even then if I pull Narya I would add about 15 twilight just to remove all the burdens and then I can say goodnight definately. And this is a standard deck Shame on you . No, I dont think so. Erland allows you to keep putting the events back in hand and allowing you to move without corrupting yourself.

This deck covers almost every angle wouldnt you agree?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if you put in swordthain, some riddermark javelin might be a nice addition. to make sure every minion dies.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Virtuouss
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:13 pm
I see automatic corrupt.Too much burdens and too small gandalf’s card.
I would add Merry, Swordthain , Javellins and Home and Heart x3-4.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:17 pm
2 watch and wiat provide some respite. but V is probably right. if you play a corp deck you will fall. maybe add in some ease the burden as fodder for gandi’s ability or to remove burdens at dwelling sites. also that engine he suggested would be useful.
"DáinIronfoot"
Virtuouss
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:28 pm
I play Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence , Home And Heart and Make Haste in Solo Gimli, I finish games with 3 or less burdens so I think Merry, Javellin’s , Home and Heart would be good in this rohan deck.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard