LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Shadow of the Past
This set focus’s is mainly on Pre-Fellowship Times, Along with the Fellowship itself, this is the First of three sets that replay the Movie block. There is a new keyword in this set.

Death Blow X If this character is about to be placed in the dead pile, wound the character he/she was skirmishing X times.

Ring – 2 (1 Rare, 1 Uncommon)
Dwarven – 10 (3 Rare, 3 Uncommon, 4 Common)
Elven – 14 (4 Rare, 5 Uncommon, 5 Common)
Gandalf – 8 (2 Rare, 3 Uncommon, 3 Common)
Gondor – 12 (4 Rare, 4 Uncommon, 4 Common)
Men – 11 (3 Rare, 4 Uncommon, 4 Common)
Moria – 10 ( 2 Rare, 4 Uncommon, 4 Common)
Orc – 14 (4 Rare, 5 Uncommon, 5 Common)
Sauron – 2 (2 Rare)
Shire – 12 (4 Rare, 4 Uncommon, 4 Common)
Uruk-hai – 9 (3 Rare, 3 Uncommon, 3 Common)
Wraith – 11 (3 Rare, 4 Uncommon, 4 Common)
[Sites] – 15 ( 5 1 , 5 2 , 5 3 )

Ok, let’s start with the One Ring

Ring The One Ring, From the Hand of Sauron
Str +1
Vit +1
Res +1
Assignment Add a Burden To wear The One Ring Until the Regroup Phase, each time the Ring-Bearer is about to take a wound, add a Burden.
Skirmish Add a Burden to Wound Two Minions (Or One Minion Twice).
R1

Ring The One Ring, Filled With Malice
Str +3,
Res -1
Skirmish Add A Burden To wear The One Ring Until the start of Regroup Phase, each time Bearer is about to take a wound, add a Burden.
Regroup Exert the Ring-Bearer twice to discard a minion.
U2

Dwarven

Dwarven Axe-men Skill
1 Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each Dwarven Possession you spot (limit +3), And if at an Underground site, Damage +1.
C3

[Dwarven]And My Axe
3 Condition – Support Area
Toil 1 Each Dwarf bearing a weapon is strength +1
U4

Dwarven Axe of The Iron Hills
0 Possession – Hand Weapon
Str +2
Bearer Must Be a Dwarf. If you can spot another hand-weapon, bearer is strength +1.
C5
Last edited by legoles3333 on Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 pm; edited 6 times in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
legoles3333 wrote:
Str +1 Vit +1 Res +1
Assignment Add a Burden To wear The One Ring Until the Regroup Phase, each time the Ring-Bearer is about to take a wound, add a Burden.
Skirmish Add a Burden to Wound Two Minions (Or One Minion Twice).
“The Dark Lord Sauron forged A Master Ring to control all others.”
20R1

Not bad, but the text needs a little cleaning up.

Str +1 Vit +1 Res +1
Assignment: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While weaing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add 2 burdens instead.
Skirmish: Add a burden to wound 2 minions (or one minion twice).
20R1

I cleaned up the text, mostly. The only big changes I made were limiting the "each time" ability to when the Ring is on (like other Rings), and upping the burdens added to 2. You could do something else, like adding one burden and one threat, or adding a burden and exerting another companion, but I think just one burden is too good with an otherwise very-powerful Ring.

I like the idea, though. Thumbs Up

legoles3333 wrote:
Str +3, Res -1
Skirmish Add A Burden To wear The One Ring Until the start of Regroup Phase, each time Bearer is about to take a wound, add a Burden.
Regroup Exert the Ring-Bearer twice to discard a minion.
“And into it he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life.”
20U2

Once again, just a little cleaning up:

Str +3, Res -1
Skirmish: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the start of regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Regroup: Exert the Ring-bearer twice to discard a minion.
“And into it he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life.”
20U2

The only change I made was, once again, in the "each time" text. I like this Ring a lot. Applause

legoles3333 wrote:
Dwarven Axe-men Skill
1 Event, Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each Dwarven Possession you spot (limit +3), And if at an Underground site, Damage +1 (limit +3)
20C3

Make a Dwarf strength +1 (and damage +1 (limit +3) if at an underground site) for each Dwarven possession you spot (limit +3).

That’s just cleaned up. However, I think it’s a little too good. Perhaps do this instead:

Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each Dwarven possession you spot (limit +3). Then, if at an underground site, make that Dwarf damage +1.

I know it takes a lot of damage bonuses away, but I think it’s needed to keep it balanced.

legoles3333 wrote:
Dwarven And My Axe
3 Condition, Support Area
Toil 1 Each Dwarf bearing a weapon is strength +1
20U4

Just don’t forget periods after toil 1 and "strength +1". And it should probably be unique so you can’t use four of these at once. Otherwise very good! Smile

legoles3333 wrote:
0 Possession, Hand Weapon, Str +2
If you can spot another hand-weapon, bearer is strength +1.
20C5

Good, but I think it should cost 1.

Pretty good batch! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:12 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Changes made
Here's My Trade List
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:40 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
Str +1 Vit +1 Res +1
Assignment: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While weaing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add burden instead.
Skirmish: Add a burden and either exert a companion or add a threat to wound 2 minions (or one minion twice).
20R1

Nice. Doesn’t overshadow othe versions of the card.

Str +3, Res -1
Skirmish: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the start of regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Regroup: Exert the Ring-bearer twice to discard a minion.
“And into it he poured his cruelty, his Malice, and his will to dominate all life.”
20U2

Hm...careful with to many specials on the One Ring. But I think its okay.

Dwarven

Dwarven Axe-men Skill
1 Event, Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each possession you spot (limit +3). Then, if at an underground site, make that Dwarf damage +1.
20C3

Nice.

Dwarven ●And My Axe
3 Condition, Support Area
Toil 1. Each Dwarf bearing a weapon is strength +1.
20U4

Nice

1 Possession, Hand Weapon, Str +2
20C5

Nice.

One comment about your formatting, typical DC formatting is this:

1 Axe of The Iron Hills Dwarven
Possession ● Hand Weapon
Str +2
20C5

That being said, your’s is okay, but you may want to change it to the typical format.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:10 am
ok the next set of cards

Dwarven ●Dain Ironfoot, Of the Iron Hills
3 Companion,
Str 7
Vit 3
Res 7
Damage +1, Hunter 1, Death Blow 1, Each Dwarf is strength +1 for each companion with Death Blow you can spot (limit +3)
U6

Dwarven ●Durin III, Dwarven Ring-Master
4 Companion,
Str 7
Vit 4
Ringed Res 7
Damage +1, Death Blow 3 If Durin is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves you may take a Dwarven card in hand from your discard pile then you must wound a companion. Each time the fellowship moves in the regroup phase exert Durin, (if he is exhausted, wound him instead).
R7

Dwarven ●Farin, Come from Afar
2 Companion,
Str 6
Vit 3
Res 7
Death Blow 1. While Farin is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai he is Strength +2. While Farin is skirmishing a man, he is Damage +1
U8

Dwarven ●Gimli’s Battle Axe, Brought from the Lonely Mountain
1 Possession – Hand Weapon,
Str +2
Bearer must be Gimli. For each character with Death Blow you can spot, Gimli is strength +1 (limit +3). While you can spot three threats or two Hunter Companions, Gimli is Damage +1
R9
Last edited by legoles3333 on Thu May 10, 2007 2:54 pm; edited 4 times in totalHere's My Trade List
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 am
legoles3333 wrote:
ok the next set of cards

Dwarven ●Dain, Of the Iron Hills
3 Companion, Str 7 Vit 3 Res 7
Damage +1, Hunter 1, Death Blow 1, Every Dwarf is strength +1 for each companion with Death Blow you can spot (limit +3)
20U6

Nice. Somewhat powerful, maybe strength 6?

4 Companion, Str 8 Vit 4 Ringed Res 7
Damage +1, Death Blow 3 If Durin is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves wound each companion, unless you can spot three minions (or two minions with Death Blow).
20R7

Any dwarf deck should be running Durin III, Dwarven Lord over this one. Sorry. And wait, Death Blow minions?

2 Companion, Str 6 Vit 3 Res 7
Death Blow 1, Skirmish If Farin is skirmishing a Orc or Uruk-hai, exert a Farin to make him Strength +2, While Farin is skirmishing a man, he is Damage +1
20U8

Nice.

1 Possession, Hand Weapon,
Str +2
Bearer must be Gimli. For each character with Death Blow you can spot, Gimli is strength +1 (limit +3). While you can spot three threats or two Hunter Companions, Gimli is Damage +1
20R9

WHOA! Give it to Gimli, Eager Hunter with Dain Ironfoot and you got a base strength 14, easily damage +2, hunter 3 Gimli? Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
ok the next set of cards

Dwarven ●Dain, Of the Iron Hills
3 Companion, Str 7 Vit 3 Res 7
Damage +1, Hunter 1, Death Blow 1, Every Dwarf is strength +1 for each companion with Death Blow you can spot (limit +3)
20U6
formatting is messed up, make it limit +2 and for each other dwarf with death blow.

4 Companion, Str 8 Vit 4 Ringed Res 7
Damage +1, Death Blow 3 If Durin is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves wound each companion, unless you can spot three minions (or two minions with Death Blow).
20R7
deathblow is nigh useless on a RB

Death Blow 1, Skirmish If Farin is skirmishing a Orc or Uruk-hai, exert a Farin to make him Strength +2, While Farin is skirmishing a man, he is Damage +1
20U8
cut deathblow otherwise it is to common

1 Possession, Hand Weapon,
Str +2
20R9

nice. maybe make it onyl +1 base and cost 2.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:53 am
ok finishing the Dwarven cards today
Dwarven ●Gimli, Elf-Friend
2 Companion.
Str 6
Vit 3
Res 6
Damage +1. Death Blow 2. Skirmish If Gimli is about to be killed, exert 2 elf companions to cancel the skirmish, or if an elf is about to be overwhelmed, exert Gimli twice to cancel that skirmish.
R10

Dwarven ●Gimli, Skilled Axe-man
2 Companion,
Str 6
Vit 3
Res 6
Damage +1, Death Blow 1 if Gimli is bearing a Hand-Weapon, he is strength + 1 Skirmish Exert Gimli to make a companion strength +1 for each Hand-Weapon you can spot (limit +3).
C11

Dwarven Throwing Axe
1 Possession – Ranged Weapon
Str +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Discard this possession to add 1 to the fellowship archery total. Archery Exert bearer and discard this possession to discard a condition.
C12
Last edited by legoles3333 on Tue May 08, 2007 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in totalHere's My Trade List
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:16 am
legoles3333 wrote:
Dwarven ●Gimli, Elf-Friend
Damage +1, Death Blow 2, Skirmish If Gimli is about to be killed, exert 3 elf companions to cancel the skirmish, or if an elf is about to be overwhelmed, exert Gimli twice to cancel that skirmish.
20R10

His resistance should be 6. To make your cards easier to review, you should follow the standard DC formatting. It would look like this.....

2 • Gimli, Elf-friend Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Death Blow 2.
Skirmish: If Gimli is about to be killed, exert 3 Elf companions to prevent that. If an Elf is about to be overwhelmed, exert Gimli twice to prevent that.
20R10

legoles3333 wrote:
Dwarven ●Gimli, Skilled Axe-man
Damage +1, Death Blow 1 if Gimli is bearing a Hand-Weapon, he is strength + 1 Skirmish Exert Gimli to make a companion strength +1 for each Hand-Weapon you can spot.
20C11

It needs a limit, like +4. Cool card! Thumbs Up

legoles3333 wrote:
Dwarven Throwing Axe
1 Possession, Ranged Weapon, Str +1
Discard this possession to add 1 to the fellowship archery total. Archery Exert bearer and discard this possession to discard a condition.
20C12

Again, the formatting needs to be changed. Plus, the bearer is not even specified. Eh? Neat ideas, they just need a little editing. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:42 pm
reviving my dc set, all former posts have been changed, and re formatted, here’s a batch of elven cards

1●Bow of the Galadhrim, Mighty Weapon Elven
Possession - Ranged Weapon
Str +1,
Res +1
Bearer must be Legolas, Archery discard this possession and exert Legolas to discard a minion (or two minions if the first is a Nazgul)
R13

2 Council at Imladris Elven
Condition – Support Area
Each Elf gains Strength +2 discard this condition in the regroup phase if you cannot spot a minion.
C14

2 Great Marksmanship Elven
Event – Maneuver
If you can spot more minions then companions, discard a minion until they are equal, then, wound an elf for each minion discarded
C15

5 ●Elrond, Ancient Lord of the Eldar Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 8,
Vit 4,
Res 8
Death Blow 1, at the start of each of your turns, spot another Elven companion to heal that companion, each other elf is strength +1
R16

2 Elven Horse Elven
Possession – Mount
Str +2
Bearer must be an Elf. Maneuver Exert bearer twice to discard a minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert. Discard this Possession if at an Underground site
C17
Last edited by legoles3333 on Wed May 09, 2007 2:17 am; edited 2 times in totalHere's My Trade List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards