LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:16 am
legoles3333 wrote:
0 Frodo, First of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 12
Fellowship If you can spot 6 other fellowship companions, Minions cannot be assigned to skirmish Frodo by a shadow player.
P1

Great theme, but it seems familiar... Wink Take his resistance down to 10, otherwise there’s no point in using Frodo, Resolute Hobbit.

legoles3333 wrote:
4 Gandalf, Second of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Wizard
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship. Fellowship or Regroup: Exert Gandalf to play the fellowship’s next site. Regroup: Exert Gandalf twice to discard a shadow card (limit once per turn)
P2

Take out the discarding shadow cards bit of his text, and he’d probably be balanced, especially at strength 8. In any case, his abilities should require him to spot fellowship companions to use.

legoles3333 wrote:
4 Aragorn, Third of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship. Ranger. Archery: Exert Aragorn to wound a minion. Assignment: Exert Aragorn and spot 3 other Fellowship companions to make Aragorn Defender +1. Regroup: Exert Aragorn to play the fellowship’s next site, you may exert him again to make the shadow number of that site - 2
P3

OP as hell. Legolas, greenleaf is bad enough, now this guy does the same but with 4 vitality! Take out all but the middle ability, and he’d be perfectly balanced, a semi-reprint of Aragorn, Ranger of the north.

legoles3333 wrote:
2 Legolas, Fourth of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Companion - Elf
Strength 7
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Fellowship. Archer. Archery: Exert Legolas and another Fellowship companion to wound a minion
P4

Add: ’Neither companion adds to the fellowship archery total’, or at the very least ’Legolas does not add to the fellowship archery total’, then take his strength down to 6 and he’ll just be balanced.

Just because these guy’s should be cool, doesn’t mean they have to be overpowered. Great ideas though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
k here’s the next 2

4 Aragorn, Third of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship. Ranger. Assignment: Exert Aragorn and spot 3 other Fellowship companions to make Aragorn Defender +1. Regroup: Exert Aragorn to play the fellowship’s next site.
P3
make the assignment ability until the regroup phase.

2 Legolas, Fourth of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Companion - Elf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Fellowship. Archer. Archery: Exert Legolas and another Fellowship companion to wound a minion, Legolas does not add to the Fellowship Archery Total
P4

compared to greenleaf his ability is worthless. there is no reason if it is 2 exertions to make him not add to the archery total. I respectfully disagree with thranduil
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:19 pm
Looking at the card again, I agree with SoP.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thank you thank you one and all Homage Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:34 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
thank you thank you one and all Homage Wink

Don’t let it get to your head, SoP. Razz I’m sure I’ll find other things to disagree with you over!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

legoles3333
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:42 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
ok if you two are quite finished

2 Gimli, Fifth of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Companion - Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Fellowship. Damage +1. Assignment: Exert two Felllowship companions to make Gimli Defender +1
P5

3 Boromir, Sixth of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Man
Strength 7
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Fellowship. Skirmish: Exert Boromir to make a Hobbit Strength +3
P6
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:46 pm
Great stuff! Thumbs Up

I like the Boromir, son of denethor remake.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:18 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
here are Promos 7 and 8

2 ●Sam, Seventh of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 10
Fellowship Each other Fellowship companion (except the Ring-Bearer) is resistance +1 Regroup: Exert Sam to Remove a Burden (limit once per phase) Response If Frodo Dies, Make Sam the Ring-Bearer, he is resistance - 5
P7

1 ●Merry, Eighth of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 9
Fellowship. Maneuver: Exert Merry twice to make each Fellowship companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
P8
Last edited by legoles3333 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:28 am
legoles3333 wrote:
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 10
Fellowship Each other Fellowship companion (except the Ring-Bearer) is resistance +2 Regroup: Exert Sam to Remove a Burden (limit once per phase) Response If Frodo Dies, Make sam the Ring-Bearer, he is resistance - 5
P7

Drop the resistance bonus to +1. Great Sam, Son of Hamfast remake!

legoles3333 wrote:
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 9
Fellowship. Maneuver: Exert Merry twice to make each Fellowship companion strength +2 (or +1 if there are more then 6 companions) until the regroup phase.
P8

The fellowship should be based on more than 6 companions, so make it +1 and leave it at that. Nice Merry, Friend to Sam remake!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:54 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
here are Promos 7 and 8

Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 10
Fellowship Each other Fellowship companion (except the Ring-Bearer) is resistance +1 Regroup: Exert Sam to Remove a Burden (limit once per phase) Response If Frodo Dies, Make sam the Ring-Bearer, he is resistance - 5
P7
capitalize Sam in the final ability. cool!

Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 9
Fellowship. Maneuver: Exert Merry twice to make each Fellowship companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
P8

it works
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards