LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
The First
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:58 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Yes, there is an article contest about M:TG on these boards. Some might not know it, but in fact there is.

I am one of the writers who is dedicating some time to write an amusing article about all kinds of subjects. Apparently, not much people actually read these articles. That is why I started this topic.

I will write an article next month about the most favorite item in this topic. That way, you can get my point of view about a certain card, combo, deck or anything else. You can make me break a certain pet card, make yourself a deck - competitive or casual, bidget or not... but it has to have a subject.

I propose the next poster to write down a topic (eg 1 - a deck build around Braids) and other people just copy/paste it, either enlarging the number from "X" to "X+1", or adding a new topic like this: 1 - xxx). The most popular topic (or topics) will be chosen for next months (May) article contest.

I would appreciate your input.

Kind regards,

- The First
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:31 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’ve been trying to break a T2 infinite mana combo for AGES, but I just can’t seem to get rid of four-ofs enought to make it work, not to mention it’s HUGE. But ahyway, here goes:
1- Have Basal Sliver out;
2- Have Nether Traitor out;
3- Have either another Nether Traitor, Golgari Germination, Teysa, Orzhov Scion or something by that effect;
4- Have Hivestone out.
Now, since Traitor is a sliver, you can sac it to get BB. Then, you either sac the other one, or the token that’ll come into play, for another BB, and spend B to bring the Traitor back to play. You just got BBB for absolutely no cost at all! Lather, rinse, repeat.
Building around a deck with a lot of tutors, you can find what you need, and empty your hand for an Infernal Tutor + Demonfire play! Cool, huh?
So... Can you break this one? Wink Who knows, D-Storm could be going down!
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 pm
Break retether (SPELLING?). Anyone that can make a competitive deck out of that card (as in a deck that can win against the top decks of the format) I will give a very good score just on principle... so if you want a good grade from me, break retether.

Edit: by this I mean Type 2
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:11 pm
Didn’t you check the 10 decks in 10 weeks column, in mtg.com? There’s a fairly good deck there abusing Retether, which I’m sure we could work into something playable. Seems pretty good. I believe it’s the 1st or 2nd deck, an Enchantress deck.
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:06 pm
I haven’t been to mtg.com in months, it’s mostly trash...

looking at it now it seems decent but not exactly what i had in mind... but I’m getting some ideas of my own...
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 am
As I siad, it’s a good base. Now, breakingthe infinite mana combo would be cool. You can gain infinite life in the process, and finish with Consume Spirit, Disintegrate, Blaze, or empty your hand to finish with Demonfire.
I don't like YOU.
The First
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:42 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
The problem with the whole infinite mana loop is that you need 1 creature out, 1 artefact, 1 creature in grave yard, another creature in play and ...

They are all different types of spells... but I will work on it, np.

Retether can be awesome. I have a few ideas for it but breaking D-Storm with either one will be tricky. First you need a good idea, then work it out, make it consistent and THEN start worrying about the storm. By then, D-Storn can be obsolete.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 am
Well, if you decide to go wih Golgari Germination as the token creator, you can accelerate into a turn 3 Persecute, which is usually enough to disrupt them for sometime. A turn 2 Delirum Skeins could also work, too, but would hurt you. Actually, when I thought of the combo, Planar Chaos wasn’t out yet, and green now has Harmonize! You want another idea? Then break a RW Control build with Pandemonium1 I’ve been cooking up this idea, but since I’m already on a big project for this month, and I’m writing on Future Sight for the next one, might as well just hand the idea over to you, to see what you can pull out of it. Main idea is to play Protection from Red guys (or Order of the Stars, which would be PERFECT), guys with lifegaining come into play abilities (aven riftwatcher is amazing) and/or Faith’s Fetters and such, and slam down Pyrohemia to control the board (your creatureswon’t die to it, so it’ll be down as long as you wantit to). Then, while your opponent worries about dealing with Pyrohemia, slam down Pandemonium, and turn the rescue creatures into big, burning spells! For instance, with Pandemonium out, whenever youhave 2 mana available eot, you can play Whitemane Lion bouncing itself, to deal 2 damage to a target (Norin could ALSo be down, maximizing the strategy, since he won’t die to Pyrohemia either). If you have MORE mana, then go for Stonecloaker (while hosing f]graveyard abuse at the same time), so you can deal 3 damage. But the ultimate combo is to spend 4 mana eot to slam down Dust Elemental! Who cares if he’sthe only creature? Have him bounce himself! That’s 6 damage eot, then 6 more on YOUR turn. 12 damage out of nowhere! I just thought this looked SOOOOO cool! Not to mention, it’s a viable Limited strategy!
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:44 am
About the infinite mana, instead of using Hivestone, you could the more expensive (but transmutable for with Brainspoil) Conspiracy, making the combo pieces easier to get. 3-mana transmuters can get the Basal Sliver and Golgari Germination. A bit of card drawing and disruption can make sure you’ll stay alive and find one of the 4 Nether Traitors necessary (or find two of them, so you won’t need germination), and Brainspoil can find Conspiracy.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion