LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

72%
  [ 8 ]  72%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:34 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
um what?
ok um no Elrond or Aegnor
more Elven Gaurdian
maybe haldir?
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:22 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
My comments have already been made.
THe article looks pretty good, but some parts could be better explained.

A small thing but in the part about fightin frodo, it would be nice if you would put NOLINK in front of called so it doesn’t auto link
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 am
Technically, the title should be "What RoS Hath Wrought!", since the original statement was "What God hath wrought!". Smile
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:30 am
actually, the first teleghram ever sent said "what hath God wrought". so it’s fine as is.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:35 am
Mea culpa, mm. Good catch. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:18 am
no problem Wink
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ap and mm spamming? I don’t believe my eyes Shocked (of course AP used ot be a big spammer) can anyone explain in layman’s terms how the new loop works?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:39 pm
Thanks JayPL, but I got AC’s permission to use his decklist. It will be up soon...I think....
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gillian
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:14 pm
NBarden wrote:
--- description ---
Basically, get 4x Strange Meeting out, Meneldor and your other followers as soon as possible. Then, Barliman explodes, and all followers give a strength +4 bonus, not to mention the follower bonus. This deck removes burdens, conditions, etc, is tough to swarm, and slaughters beatdown.

Actualy Nazgul coruption can corupt this freeps without any problem, they can discard watch and wait on bucland homestad or with minas morgul answers, cantea can discard Glamdring, and you will lose all burden removal, result is easy coruption before third region.
It slaughters beatdown????
Which beatdown?
Forest Nazgul?
They will discard all starange meeting, and rest is simple.

Uruk Hunters?
I don’t think so, they can also discard all condition, and you better watch yourself on Isengard ruined.

Troll swarm?
What can you do against 5-6 Trolls?

Corsairs?
Only 7 companions, it is not big deel for Castamir, and his toys(Raider Halebard, Red Wrath, Wind, Saruman Follower)

Is tough to swarm?

With only 7 companions total.
With no Traveled leader?
There is no problem for Men possession swarm to have 10 or more minions, orc swarm with massing strength and goblin hordes don’t fear this freeps also.

What would I do to make this freeps better?
Lose both Watch and Wait, for new Narsil and scroll of Isildur. For burden removal, replace Erland with Jarnsmid.
For a While Less Dark replace with Look to my coming. This pump you can play from discard, so you can use it twice.
Now this deck is stronger, but still very far from poverful.

NBarden wrote:

Gandalf, Returned. Wait…Gandalf? Since when was he a Gondor companion? Since never. But with his crazy token reinforcing ability, he fits in perfectly with any token deck at all, be it Gondor or Gandalf. The ability to pull out a possession when he’s played makes him a good choice as well.

After releasing Black riders Edition, Gandalf with Gondor was probaly best freeps, until releasing Hunters edition.
Gandalf Leader of man, 4 Saved from the fire, 4 traveled leader, 2 Sharpen your swords, maybe Have patience, terrible and evil or Radagast...

NBarden wrote:

Try to get Saved from the Fire on your first hand. Use it to pull out Denethor, Faramir, and another card. When you get Well-Travelled in your hand, use Saved from the Fire on Gandalf to pull Gandalf, Returned, Pallando, and Watch and Wait, play Falls of Rauros, and play Gandalf, Returned next time. Abuse tokens, pull burdens, get rid of conditions.

How can you play Gandalf if you have copy of Gandalf in discard pile? I don’t see any copy of sent back in your freeps list. You can play Gandalf with Pinacle of Ziragzigil from discard, but it will be gandalf leader of man, not gandalf returned. With falls of rauros you can remove Gandalf from death pile, but only in second region, and when you move on it.
My opinion is that Gandalf returned is not very good card. Leader of man, and leader of company are much better. You use this Gandalf in freeps to reinforce tokens, but with 7 strength(or 9 with glamdring) he will not win many skirmishes, maybee if you play bloodlines shadowfax.
my advice is to lose 2 watch and wait for Shadowfax, Roaring Wind or Allatar, and sent back.

Now when you burn Gandalf, you pull sent back, Pallando and Gandalf returned, and with Gandalf returned you pull Glamdring.
But still I think this is easy to kill freeps for all condition discarding shadow, and for some other shadows too.
Next time I will write about other parts of article, and I will rate this article after I’m done with coments.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:45 pm
Thanks for the help! I’d probably pull Ghan Buri Ghan for Jarnsmid if anything...Erland is kinda important for event recursion.

And on Noble Leaders, you use Falls of Rauros with Well Travelled. Play Falls, and draw out Gandalf. This deck works just like Leader of Men, only you swap him out for Gandalf, Returned in region 2. Then you run a typical Noble Leaders deck with Gandalf killing as much as possible and reinforcing like crazy.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest