LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:07 pm
--- description ---
This deck uses 2 new cards from the Rise of Saruman to further exploit the uses of the super Dwarven discarding deck.
--- end description ---

Most of you have read my article from March, The Companion Discarding Machine. This short article also focuses on discarding, but in a different way. Rather than discarding companions, this deck discards cards from your opponent’s draw deck like crazy! With a couple of new Dwarven cards from the Rise of Saruman, the super Dwarven discarding deck is back in action! Cool

Arguably the most important card in this deck, Nobody Tosses A Dwarf is a response event that discards the top 3 cards of your opponent’s draw deck if your Dwarf wins a skirmish. This is easy, since Durin III, Dwarven Lord is in the starting lineup.

Just released in the Rise of Saruman, Thorin III, Stonehelm is a crucial companion in this deck. Combined with Dwarven Axe and Nobody Tosses a Dwarf, your opponent loses the top 5 cards of his draw deck when Thorin wins a skirmish!

A new Dwarven ring from the Rise of Saruman, though, is what really gives added power to this deck: Ring of Artifice. Using Ring of Artifice, you can pull back Nobody Tosses a Dwarf from your discard pile to use numerous times!

Yes, that’s right. The text of Ring of Artifice specifies that only a non-event Dwarven card can be pulled, so how can you use it to grab Nobody Tosses a Dwarf? The answer: Ring of Guile.

Here is how it works: discard Ring of Guile to pull back Nobody Tosses a Dwarf. Then, discard Ring of Artifice to retrieve Ring of Guile. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Mr. Green

Starting Fellowship
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Dain Ironfoot, King under the Mountain
Durin III, Dwarven Lord

Companions (2)
2x Thorin III, Stonehelm

Conditions (6)
3x Proud and Able
3x Till Durin Wakes Again

Events (6)
4x Nobody Tosses a Dwarf
2x Blood Runs Chill

Possessions and Artifacts (17)
4x Dwarven Axe
4x Ring of Artifice
4x Ring of Guile
2x Ring of Fury
3x Dwarven Armor

Matchups
Rather than mention what decks this deck does good against, I’ll mention what decks this deck doesn’t do good against.

Ninja Gollum – Yes, obviously. Sorry, Durin, but Shelob is in your way once again. Ninja Gollum has, does, and always will own Dwarves.

Swarm – Even with all of your companions in play, there are only 4. A good swarm will toss out at least 5 minions in the right scenario, most likely overwhelming Gimli.

This article may be short, but there is no denying that the deck works like a dream. Razz

Any comment or suggestions will be welcome! Thanks for reading! Very Happy
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
is that an article? it looks like a decklist. I thought you had gotten better AP, but these are like your wraith articles Wink I will wait to vote to see if you can make it worth my time to read.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ouch! That’s gotta hurt... Both sop’s post and all the discarding...
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:24 pm
SoP, don’t wait to vote. Even though the article is short, the deck works very well. What more is there to say? Razz
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Include a Sauron discarding deck. This is just a decklist in the article forum. Cobra, please move this topic to the appropriate forum.

You are currently getting a 1. I completely agree with SoP. If you get a 1, I’ll give enough GP to balance it out, but right now, this is terrible.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:29 pm
NBarden wrote:
Cobra, please move this topic to the appropriate forum.

No need, I have the power to do that.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:31 pm
Okay, that’s better. Now as a decklist, you get a 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Okay, that’s better. Now as a decklist, you get a 5.

ok a 1 isn’t appropraite. a 2 is the least you should give most of the time. for glorified DL’s. 3’s.

oh cool i didn’t realize u moved it to expanded.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:05 pm
Looks pretty good, although it might get hurt a lot by archery.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Thanks for the comments! It was pretty stupid for me to post that as an article. d'oh!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded