LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:02 pm
Perfectly fine with me
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:13 pm
I’m ready to go!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:58 pm
Go!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:01 pm
how about tonight? easter. we’re all stigged!!!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:14 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Actually, that (monday) would be better for me.... I might not have a chance to respond at all this week except on Monday night (debate tourney coming up that I forgot about)
Would I be missing anything over the rest of the week?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:36 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Lemme see...if you can respond on Monday night, it should be fine. So I’ll post it now to give you a chance to submit.

~~RP Post~~
There was something of a strange gathering at the Prancing Pony today-even Butterbur could tell that. An entire group of elves, a hobbit, a couple of Gondorians, a dwarf, a Rohir...even a strange man. And all gathered there for no apparent reason. Many of the strangers from far places had noticed one another, and the elves were conversing among themselves quite freely. It was indeed a strange occurence, though, as none of the strangers were really acquainted.

And watching it all was a stranger in the corner, dressed in a gray cloak and rugged outdoors clothing. Well, plenty of heros are here. It seems that fate has played a role after all, today, although I’m certain that some of my messages got through. Plenty of heros, though. Should be enough to help me. If anything can help me. By Arnor, I hope so.

The man stepped forward, glancing at everyone. The room fell silent as he stood, his face hidden in his hood. All men turned to look at him. And he came directly to the table where sat all of the people-and the hobbit. He slowly smiled, and let his hood down.

"Well, it looks like we have a group here," the man remarked, as the light revealed his smooth, bearded features. "That’s good. Because I have a bit of a task for you to complete." He glanced over them, and pursed his lips. "But first of all, I’d like to see what kind of warriors you really are. Let’s have a look at your equipment, shall we? I’ve already gotten Butterbur to allow you to bring it in. So don’t be shy, show me your weapons. Then I’ll tell you about your task."

He blinked, and looked at them again, as they got up from the table. "And by the way, they call me Curubethion. Ranger of the North, in case you haven’t guessed."

~~Site 1: Prancing Pony~~
3•Curubethion, Northern Dúnedain Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ranger. Hunter 2. Leader.
At the start of each skirmish involving Curubethion, wound two companions or add two burdens.

Okay, there’s the DC of the person who’s going to be leading this party. Here, "Leader" is somewhat equivalent to Ring-bearer. There is no Ring, but the Leader gets burdens placed on him anyway. Other than that, everything works as normal.

Now for your task: You must do two things.
    1. Post your character showing Curubethion their weapon, describing it, even giving a little bit of history. See #2 for more details on what this weapon should be.
    2. PM me a DC of the weapon. Here’s the requirements...it should be a Free Peoples hand weapon, twilight cost no greater than 2, and it should be non-unique. It must also be balanced, and I’d like to see some culture tie-in.

Next week, you’ll get the next prompt, along with the results of DC judging. The best DCer will get their DC as-is, and maybe with a little extra zing added to it. Each character will get their weapon, but some weapons may have to be tweaked slightly, according to the skill of DCing.

Have fun!

Party:
2•Dirthon, Son of Dirthor Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Ranger.

2•Celebthir, Mirkwood Scout Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer.

2•Ryle, Leader of the Ortans Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 4
Resistance: 8
While bearing a possession, this companion is Vitality +1.

2•Ectheow, Fortune Seeker Rohan
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
Skirmish: Exert this companion to play a Rohan possession from hand.
"’Let whoever can win glory before death!’"

2 •Arthail, Keen Hunter Gondor
Companion • Man
Hunter 2.

2Rorin, Dwarf of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Damage +1.

1 •Adalard, Hobbit of Whitfurrows Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Resistance: 9
While this companion has resistance 8 or more, he is strength +2.

2•Tuilin, Elven Markman Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer.

2•Legoles, Orc Hunter Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer.
The youngest son of Thranduil, Legoles was ever under the shadow of Legolas"

2•Silvarin, Last Guardian of Mirkwood Elven
Companion • Elf
While bearing a weapon, this companion gains hunter 1.
The elves of that village were wholly dedicated to protecting Mirkwood from the Men of Rhun.

2•Duinihir, Ranger of the North Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger.
More outgoing than most rangers, Duinihir was still cautious and wily.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:07 pm
Silvarin was slightly surprised at the number of warriors present at the Inn that night: heros from all of Middle Earth had turned up. He could spot a few gondorians, many fellow elves, even a hobbit and man from rohan.

He was also elated to see Tuilin again, and even though he did not know the other elves, their presence was comforting. He only felt one slight pang of regret: He had left his two swords, originally owned by his brother, at his home in Mirkwood. That wasn’t to say he didn’t like the sword he had; it seemed quite reliable. It was heavier and longer than the other two, and having both hands available to wield it would be useful.

He stepped toward the ranger, and draw his sword with a sigh. He flourished it absentmindedly, and handed it over to the ranger for inspection. The ranger slowly looked over the sword, and then spoke:

"Short handle. Unusual for an elf. Usual curved blade, however... and well-forged. A bit heavier than expected. Are you sure it won’t slow you down?"

Silvarin smiled. "I’m faster than you would think. Trust me, that sword is no heavier than the two swords I’m used to."

The ranger slightly smiled, and handed the sword back to Silvarin. Silvarin sheathed it, and went to stand by Tuilin, watching the others present thier weapons.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:27 am
Duinihir sat in a corner, hooded and cloaked, watching the proceedings warily. He sensed something important was afoot, never had there been such a gathering at the Prancing Pony. Of course there had been gatherings at the Pony this large before, but none of this composition. Hobbits and Rangers were common, yes, but Dwarves? Rohirrim? And what had caused the Elves to stir at Rivendell? Yes, something was indeed afoot. Duinihir pulled out his sword and ran a whetstone over the blade several times, as if to sharpen it for the quest ahead.

His sword, yes, that was an odd thing. For while most men carried straight longswords, the rangers of the north trusted to curved blades. Not the scimitars as the men of Harad and Khand used, but long curved knives of the north. Of these knives, rangers usually developed a strong bond with. They were useful in all manners of work, as well as fighting.

But Duinihir’s sword was different. He had been to Rivendell several times, and in Rivendell were the greatest smiths of the trade. The Dwarves may be able to craft stouter blades, but none matched the precision, the sharpness, and the lightness of the Elven blades, and, perhaps most importantly, the blades of the Dwarves were not able to sense the presence of Orcs.

Thus had Duinihir’s blade been forged, in Ranger fashion, but of Elven craftsmanship. Not many blades could match the agility of the elven blade.

Curubethion approached Duinihir, observing the blade that Duinihir wielded.

"Show me your sword," Curubethion commanded, and Duinihir showed it to him. Taking the sword, Curubethion brandished it thrice. "It is a swift sword," Curubethion said, "and will do well in battle. Few swords are as agile as your blade. It reminds me of an elvish blade, but with the durability of a Rangers. Take pride in it."

Curubethion turned and began to examine the weapons of the others. Duinihir sheathed his sword and observed.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:56 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
He had come to the Prancing Pony on his way north, seeking fortunes, of course. The Pony was a gathering place for all kinds. Ectheow laughed at Curubethion’s comments. "A task, eh? That sounds promising." Ectheow pulled out his blade and held it out for inspection (still, of course, keeping a firm grip on it-- the rangers had reputations similar to his-- theiving rougues. Birds of a feather.) It was well worn.
As with most blades of the rohirrim, it was a treasured heirloom, more for its age than for its monetary value.
Curubethion looked at the sword critically. It was an ornate axe, the head decorated in interlocking knots of gilded trim.
"It is adequate," he replied after examining it a moment.
"Good," Ectheow said, placing the weapon back in its loop, "Because I’d hate to have to go busting orc-skulls on my own."
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin looked at silvarin, "Finally another adventure," he said. "it has been what, 10 days since I last killed more then 10 orcs?" Silvarin laughed dryly and the ranger walked up to Tuilin.
"Your Weapon please"
2 seconds later Tuilin bow was out with an arrow on it.
"Impressive" the ranger said impassively," but I wanted your sword" a few of the other patrons laughed. Tuilin didn’t bat an eyebrow, who cared if others laughed at him? not him. He drew his sword slowly. "Ah the ranger said, a blade of the Elves, quite worn, but still sturdy, you have fought against creatures greater then orcs with this blade, A good sword, it will do for the task at hand." "If it doesn’t I have other weapons" Tuilin replied. The ranger nodded curtly a moved on.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards