LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:30 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Here’s some sites. I’ve added a new keyword, Coast, which goes a little with a few Elf cards, and alot with another culture I made that I’ll get around to posting sometime.

White Bay of Belfalas 2
Coast.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert a knight to play a fortification from your draw deck.

^There’s a reason its not Gondor-specific fortifications. One of the two cultures I’ve made deals with fortifications alot.

White Eastern Rhun Wasteland 2
Each Free Peoples condition and Shadow possession is twilight cost -1.

White Henneth Annun Falls 1
Forest. River.
Each ranger companion is resistance +1. Each other companion (except the ring-bearer) is resistance -1.

edit: changed Henneth "Anuin" to Henneth Annun Falls. (Henneth Annun being a card already...)
Bay of belfalas cost 2 instead of 3.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
White Bay of Belfalas 3
Coast.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert a knight to play a fortification from your draw deck.

Nifty. Non-Gondor fortifications might ruffle the feathers of some people, but it’s okay by me! Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:

Interesting way of helping everyone. This could lead to some very neat strategies for each side. I like it! GP

AgentDrake wrote:
White Henneth Anuin 1
Forest. River.
Each ranger companion is resistance +1. Each other companion (except the ring-bearer) is resistance -1.

Maybe just make things easier on yourself and say "each other unbound companion is resistance -1." Either way works, but I think the latter is okay, and it’s shorter too.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:34 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
White Bay of Belfalas 3
Coast.

I would lower the Shadow number to 2. Smile

AgentDrake wrote:

Neat! Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
White Henneth Anuin 1
Forest. River.

It should be "Annun". Sweet cards! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:55 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I always loved the Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms, and New Errand combo; I ended up making a whole new culture loosely based off that. Dol Amroth (Blue). I know, Dol Amroth is technically part of Gondor, but I wanted to make them more independent of the other Gondor cards, and had a really cool template I made for them, besides. (Yeah, the forbidden graphical DCs...)

In addition to exerting/wounding minions assigned to other people, they have a few fortifications, some resistance-based stuff, and work with Coast sites.

Some of their cards work with both Blue and Gondor companions (mostly knights) and there are one or two that mess with elves, as well (because the men of Dol Amroth were supposedly part elf.)

3 *Imrahil, Dol Amroth Prince Blue
Companion - Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res7
Knight.
To play, spot a knight.
Each time Imrahil wins a skirmish, you may exert 2 minions.
"...he was of high blood, and his folk also, tall men and proud, with sea-grey eyes."

^Just a functional reprint of Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth.

0 Tower of Tirith Aear Blue
Condition
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Blue companion.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer strength +1.

^Based off The Saga of Elendil and The Tale of Gil-Galad.

1 Amroth For Gondor! Blue
Event - Skirmish
Make a Blue or Gondor knight companion strength +3 (or +4 if the fellowship is at a coast site.)
"...the White Swan of Dol Amroth was borne up in the van...

2 *Firiel, Elven Fair Blue
Companion - Man
Str 5
Vit 3
Res7
To play, spot a Blue companion.
Maneuver: Remove a Blue token to make Firiel strength +2 until the regroup phase (limit +4).
Regroup: Remove a Blue token and discard a card from hand to heal Firiel.
"’Do you hear the call, Earth-Maiden?’"

^Another one taken from The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. I know her abilities might seem undercosted, but I *think* that the tokens should be hard enough to get that she’s not.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 3 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:04 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
AgentDrake wrote:
I always loved the Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms, and New Errand combo; I ended up making a whole new culture loosely based off that. Dol Amroth (Blue). I know, Dol Amroth is technically part of Gondor, but I wanted to make them more independent of the other Gondor cards, and had a really cool template I made for them, besides. (Yeah, the forbidden graphical DCs...)

In addition to exerting/wounding minions assigned to other people, they have a few fortifications, some resistance-based stuff, and work with Coast sites.

Some of their cards work with both Blue and Gondor companions (mostly knights) and there are one or two that mess with elves, as well (because the men of Dol Amroth were supposedly part elf.)

Companion - Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res6
Knight.
To play, spot a knight.
"...he was of high blood, and his folk also, tall men and proud, with sea-grey eyes."

up the res to 7

^Just a functional reprint of Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth.

Condition
Resistance +1

sweet, but add another bonus for the discard, plus either 1 make it unique, or 2 make the limit 1 per bearer

^Based off The Saga of Elendil and The Tale of Gil-Galad.

Event - Skirmish
Make a Blue or Gondor knight companion strength +3 (or +4 if the fellowship is at a coast site.)

sweet

Companion - Man
Str 4
Vit 3
Res7
Maneuver: Remove a Blue token to make Firiel strength +2 until the regroup phase (limit +4).

kewl

^Another one taken from The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. I know her abilities might seem undercosted, but I *think* that the tokens should be hard enough to get that she’s not.
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:16 pm
AgentDrake wrote:

Interesting. I like the general idea. Let’s take a look at the cards....

AgentDrake wrote:
Companion - Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res7
Knight.
To play, spot a knight.

Okay. I’d prefer a version that does something at least a LITTLE different, but it’s not necessary, I guess.

AgentDrake wrote:
Condition
Resistance +1
Limit 1 per bearer.

Nifty.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event - Skirmish

Good pump.

AgentDrake wrote:
Companion - Man
Str 4
Vit 3
Res7

I think I’d still raise her strength to 5, or perhaps give her some hunter, unless you have a LOT of tokens. Like, half the culture being able to have tokens.

Also, to ensure this could survive in the "real world", you may want to have some way to spot Blue cards as Gondor cards, probably for a low cost.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Also, to ensure this could survive in the "real world", you may want to have some way to spot Blue cards as Gondor cards, probably for a low cost.

Actually, that could save me having to write a ton of extra text... Thanks for the idea! GP
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:16 pm
In my sets, I created another Elf culture: Mirkwood (Green). To ensure its survival, I made the following card that was pretty popular with reviewers:

0Good People Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Elven Elf and a Green Elf.
Each time a card must spot an Elven Elf, you may add 1 to spot a Green Elf instead.
Each time a card must spot a Green Elf, you may add 1 to spot an Elven Elf instead.
“...and after the coming of Men they took ever more and more to the gloaming and the dusk. Still elves they were and remain....”

I also made a Green copy of the exact same card, so you could play either the Elven or Green version depending on which you might find easier to pull out of the deck.

Now, I’m not recommending an exact copy, especially since you probably want to do it with more than just characters. But again, people liked that, so it’s an idea to get you started. Good luck!

AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:05 pm
While I’m at it, here’s some more of the Dol Amroth Blue cards:

2 Bastion of the Sea Blue
Condition - Support Area
Str -2
Fortification.
Maneuver:
Exert a knight to place a Blue token here.
Skirmish: Spot 3 knights (or exert 2 Blue companions) to exert a minion skirmishing a knight X times, where X is the number of tokens here (limit 2), then remove all tokens here and transfer this condition to that minion.

^I figured, what the hey? Why not have a fortification that exerts based on how much you’re willing to work for it? As compared to, say, Fourth Level.

1 *Coastal Towers Blue
Condition - Support Area
Str -2
Vit -1
Fortification.
Skirmish:
Spot 3 knights (or exert a Blue companion) to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a knight.

^Functional reprint of Citadel of the Stars. I think that’s the only other "reprint" besides Imrahil.

3 High Warrior Blue
Companion - Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res6
Knight.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may add (1) to make another Blue or Gondor companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"’Amroth for Gondor!’ they cried. ’Amroth to Faramir!’"

2 *Set in Counsel Blue
Condition - Support Area
While you can spot a Blue knight, each of your knights with resistance 7 or more is strength +1.

^ This is one reason why I didn’t make Tower of Tirith Aear unique.

I hope to have the Gondor/Blue crossover card Dain suggested ready by the next post. Thanks again, Dain, for the idea!
Last edited by AgentDrake on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:23 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
AgentDrake wrote:
While I’m at it, here’s some more of the Dol Amroth Blue cards:

2 Bastion of the Sea Blue
Condition - Support Area
Str -2
Fortification.
Maneuver:
Exert a knight to place a Blue token here.
Skirmish: Spot 3 knights (or exert 2 Blue companions) to exert a minion skirmishing a knight X times, where X is the number on tokens here (limit 2), then remove all tokens here and tranfer this condition to that minion.

sweet!

^I figured, what the hey? Why not have a fortification that exerts based on how much you’re willing to work for it? As compared to, say, Fourth Level.

1 *Coastal Towers Blue
Condition - Support Area
Str -2
Vit -1
Fortification.
Skirmish:
Spot 3 knights (or exert a Blue companion) to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a knight.

Awesome GP

^Functional reprint of Citadel of the Stars. I think that’s the only other "reprint" besides Imrahil.

3 High Warrior Blue
Companion - Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res6
Knight.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may add (1) to make another Blue or Gondor companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"’Amroth for Gondor!’ they cried. ’Amroth to Faramir!’"

kewlio

2 *Set in Counsel Blue
Condition - Support Area
While you can spot a Blue knight, each of your knights with resistance 7 or more is strength +1.

nice

^ This is one reason why I didn’t make Tower of Tirith Aear unique.

I hope to have the Gondor/Blue crossover card Dain suggested ready by the next post. Thanks again, Dain, for the idea!
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards