LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Now Perfected Uruk-hai
Condition - Support Area
To play, spot an Uruk-hai minion.
When you play this condition, reveal your hand and place X Uruk-hai tokens here, where X is the number of Uruk-Hai revealed.
Response: If you are about to discard an Uruk-Hai from hand, you may remove two tokens here to play that minion instead.

Ah yes, I remember the strategy now. This is...interesting. Hard to say if it’s balanced (or very useful) at first glance. But I THINK it all works.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 Plundered Uruk-hai
Event - Response
If your Uruk-Hai wins a skirmish against a companion, exert 2 Uruk-Hai to discard a possession borne by that companion.
"’Hands off that shiny shirt! That’s mine!’"

I like cards like this that work with multiple Shadow cultures. Good stuff. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:
Thanks!
The Lorien/Coast thing is that Elves like the sea, and Lorien has elves like Galadriel, etc. who were around in the first age. I’m gonna have the coasts on other non-Lorien Elven stuff too.

But maybe I should change the bow to forest. Think

yeah...do that.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:37 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright: Wraith culture. Most of my Wraith stuff doesn’t have alot of synergy, but there is a little. The two primary focuses are on conditions which go to companions, like Balck Breath, Sauron’s Gaze, etc. and exerting companions

Without further ado:

4 *Ulaire Lemenya, Hunter in Shadows Wraith
Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 2
Site3
Fierce. Hunter X.
X is the number of ring-bound companions you can spot.
Each time Ulaire Lemenya wins a skirmish, you may exert him to exert a companion.

6 *Ulaire Toldea, Assailant in Shadows Wraith
Minion - Nazgul
Str 12
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Toil 1.
Each exhausted companion is strength -1.
When you play Ulaire Toldea, you may exert him twice and remove 4 to exhaust a companion (except the ring-bearer.)

1 Minor Obstacle Wraith
Condition - Support Area
Res -1
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.
Response: If bearer is assigned to skirmish a Wraith minion, discard this condition to exert bearer.
Those who stood against the Nazgul proved ineffective.

2 *Shock and Terror Wraith
Condition - Support Area
The Free Peoples player may not assign bearer to fierce skirmishes.
Response: If your Nazgul wins a skirmish, you may transfer this condition from your support area to a companion not assigned to a skirmish. At the start of the regroup phase, return this condition to your support area.

^The theory here is that you can control, to some degree, who does and doesn’t get assigned in the fierce. For example, if your opponent has a huge companion and a few medium ones, you could transfer this to the big guy, so that he doesn’t take out your Witch-King again.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:17 am
AgentDrake wrote:

Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Hunter X.
Each time Ulaire Lemenya wins a skirmish, you may exert him to exert a companion.

I like the hunter idea Thumbs Up

6 *Ulaire Toldea, Assailiant in Shadows Wraith
Minion - Nazgul
Str 12
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Toil 1.
When you play Ulaire Toldea, you may exert him twice and remove 4 to exhaust a companion (except the ring-bearer.)

I like that as well, powerful but cost is large. Wd for balance.

1 Minor Obstacle Wraith
Condition
Res -1
Play this condition only in the skirmish phase.
Plays on a companion skirmishing a nazgul, limit 1 per bearer.
Response: If bearer is assigned to skirmish a Wraith minion, discard this condtition to exert bearer.

Think you should play it to your support area then transfer during skirmish, its weird playing conditions in a skirmish.

2 Shock and Terror Wraith
Condition - Support Area
Response: If your Nazgul wins a skirmish, you may transfer this condition from your support area to a companion not assigned to a skirmish. At the start of the regroup phase, return this condition to your support area.

Cool idea

Cool cards AD GP
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:03 am
AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Hunter X.

Woe on the player who tries to run around with a bunch of Ring-bound rangers. Razz

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Str 12
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Toil 1.

I always thought that first ability should be a permanent rule, myself. I like this card. MAYBE limit the ability to companions with 3 (or perhaps as high as 4) or less resistance.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Minor Obstacle Wraith
Condition
Res -1
Response: If bearer is assigned to skirmish a Wraith minion, discard this condtition to exert bearer.

"Limit 1 per bearer" should be a seperate sentence. I like the versatility of this card: either reduce strength or discard to exert. Nice. Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
Condition - Support Area

I think it needs to be unique, lest this shut down a big chunk of the fellowship. But it’s a neat idea.

GP once I am able. Good job.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:57 am
AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Hunter X.

Sweet! Applause

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Str 12
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Toil 1.

I would drop the toil and give him hunter 1. Smile

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Minor Obstacle Wraith
Condition
Res -1

I think you can remove the "plays only in the skirmish phase" part. Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
Condition - Support Area

I would raise the cost to 3. Nice card! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:
Alright: Wraith culture. Most of my Wraith stuff doesn’t have alot of synergy, but there is a little. The two primary focuses are on conditions which go to companions, like Balck Breath, Sauron’s Gaze, etc. and exerting companions

Without further ado:

Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Hunter X.
I like the incorporating X into the keyword. sweet. isn’t lemnya normally 2 vitality though?

Minion - Nazgul
Str 12
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Toil 1.
misspelled assailant. nice maybe give the freeps a way out

1 Minor Obstacle Wraith
Condition
Res -1
This condition can ONLY be played in the skirmish... misspelled condition

Condition - Support Area

I like it
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:49 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thanks all!

GP to SoP for noticing all my typos... Laughing

On Shock and Terror, I made it unique rather than cost 3.

On with more! Here we go:

2 *Cairn of the Barrow-Downs Wraith
Condition
To play, spot a Wraith minion. Plays on a site.
While the fellowship is at this site, each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may remove 1 and heal that companion to add a burden.
Shadow: If the Fellowship is not at this site, discard this condition to add 2 and a threat.

^Wierd, I know. The point was to have a card that represented the barrows themselves as part of the site, sort of like adding to the site’s text. The second part was so that it could still be useful once the Fellowship moved past that site.

1 *Relentless Advance Wraith
Condition - Support Area
To play, spot a Nazgul.
Each of your Wraith minions in a fierce skirmish is strength +1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition and remove 3 to exert a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.

2 *Servants of the Necromancer Wraith
Condition - Support Area
Each time a companion is exerted by a Wraith card, you may place a Wraith token here.
Shadow: Discard a Nazgul and spot 4 tokens here to reconcile your hand. Discard this condition.

4 Ulaire Otsea, Nightmare in Shadows Wraith
Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce. Hunter 1.
When you play Ulaire Otsea, you may exert him to reveal the top two cards of your draw deck. You may play a revealed nazgul at twilight cost -2.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Tue May 08, 2007 10:46 am; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:31 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Condition
While the fellowship is at this site, each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may remove 2 and heal that companion to add a burden.
Shadow: If the Fellowship is not at this site, discard this condition to add 2.

Neat. I think I’d have that second part add something else, though. Perhaps a threat or two.

AgentDrake wrote:
Condition - Support Area
To play, spot a Nazgul.
Skirmish: Discard this condition and remove 3 to exert a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.

I think it might be a little better if it costed 2 and the ability removed only 2. But that may just be me.

AgentDrake wrote:
Condition - Support Area
Each time a companion is exerted by a Wraith card, you may place a Wraith token here.
Shadow: Discard a Nazgul and spot 6 tokens here to reconcile your hand. Discard this condition.

Cool.

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce.
Ulaire Otsea is strength +1 for each other Nazgul you can spot (limit +3.)
When you play Ulaire Otsea, you may exert him to reveal the top two cards of your draw deck. You may play a revealed nazgul at twilight cost -2.

I think both abilities together are a bit much. Perhaps change his strength boost to a hunter boost instead.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:53 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Thanks all!

GP to SoP for noticing all my typos... Laughing
thank firefox

Condition
While the fellowship is at this site, each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may remove 2 and heal that companion to add a burden.
Shadow: If the Fellowship is not at this site, discard this condition to add 2.
underpowered make it remove 1.

Condition - Support Area
To play, spot a Nazgul.

Condition - Support Area
Shadow: Discard a Nazgul and spot 6 tokens here to reconcile your hand. Discard this condition.
horrible make it only 4 tokens.

Minion - Nazgul
Str 9
Vit 3
Site3
Fierce.
Ulaire Otsea is strength +1 for each other Nazgul you can spot (limit +3.)

overpowered make it -1.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards