LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Stick with Mirkwood (Shadow) or go with Gondorian tie-in cultures?

Why change things? Stick with the Mirkwood bad guys next!  
12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

I'd like to see more about how Men and Elves work together.  
50%
  [ 4 ]  50%

I'd like to see the Rohan side of this Cirion/Eorl thing.  
37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

Total Votes : 8
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:42 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I know, I know. We already did one of these recently, and Gondor came in first, Green Shadow a close second, so I said I’d do those two next in the Duos, in that order.

However, now that we’re nearly done with Gondor and its introduction of strong ties to both the Elven and Rohan cultures, I was curious to see if people want to pursue those ties now rather than waiting until we get through the massive Shadow side of the Green culture. So here’s an abbreviated poll to help determine that.

If you still want to move on with what was planned, then vote for the first option. If not, pick which Gondor-allied culture (Elven or Rohan) you want to go into first; if either of them wins, I’ll do one and then the other. They’re both relatively small, so neither should take too long; Gondor has the same number of cards as both cultures combined, actually.

So, lemme know what you want, and lemme know ASAP. I’d like to even get started on the next culture this afternoon, so this poll may only last a couple hours. Thanks!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:07 am
Rohan doesn’t hold much appeal to me, but I want to see the tie ins with Gondor. How about the elves?

Mirkwood would be fun as well.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:19 am
Only 2 votes? Crying or Very sad

Anyone else? There’s still time, as I’m waiting on a couple more reviews of the last Gondor Duo.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:21 am
there’s my vote Wink
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:22 am
Good man. Mr. Green Thanks.

elf lvr
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:31 pm
Voted.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:48 pm
Everyone abandoned Mirkwood. Crying or Very sad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:56 pm
Personally, I can’t wait to see what Dain has in store for Mirkwood. Said something about wraiths, didn’t he? And spiders? Yum.

But I think it’d be more appropriate to start on Elven and Rohan right after doing Gondor, since the cultures go together.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:03 pm
That was my thinking too, EL. Trust me, Green Shadow may be the most varied and interesting culture we’ve seen yet, and that’s saying a lot considering how much we’ve already gone through in the set (and how little is left). I can’t wait to show you what I’ve got, hopefully on par with how much YOU can’t wait to see it. Very Happy

Glad to see people remember the sort of things I’ve said about it, too. Good to know that even teasers have an impact. Cool

But yes, the more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me to go with Elven/Rohan next and save Green Shadow for after that. But I wanted to get gauge for what you all thought...and it looks like we’re on the same page, for the most part.

Don’t worry, NB. As long as the pace of reviews keeps up with what Gondor has had, we should get through Elven AND Rohan pretty quickly and be on to Green soon enough.

So, now I guess the question is what I do first: Elves or the Rohirrim. They’re in a 3-3 tie right now. Hmm. Think I’ll give it another hour or so (during which SoP will likely make his daily afternoon appearance and hopefully break the tie), and if it’s STILL tied after that I’ll have to just pick one, I s’pose.

Oh, and for anything reading this and waiting for me to move on to more cards, I wouldn’t mind another review or two of my last Gondor cards first.... Rolling Eyes You know, if you have the time and inclination.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
They’re in a 3-3 tie right now. Hmm. Think I’ll give it another hour or so (during which SoP will likely make his daily afternoon appearance and hopefully break the tie)

And Sop appears! I voted elves.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards