LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:41 am
--- description ---
A deck with three monstrous companions, Frodo, Sam and Gandalf
--- end description ---

Decklist: (33 cards)

Frodo, Weary From the Journey
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Sam, Steadfast Friend
Gandalf, Leader of Men

Salt From the Shire x 2
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer
Hobbit Sword

Mithril-Coat, Dwarf-Mail

G for Grand x 4
A Promise x 4
Not the First Halfling x 2
Sudden Fury x 4
Fates Entwined x 2
Moment of Respite x 2
Brooding On Tomorrow
Watch and Wait x 2

Alatar, Final Envoy
Pallando, Far-Travelling One x 2

Massive beatdown and complete anti-corrupt. Watch and Wait, Glamdring and Sting make the burdens roll off. High resistance with Salt from the Shire and Shadowfax means G for Grand is almost always triggering. Pallando gets rid of conditions, as does Brooding on tomorrow. And Moment of respite makes sure you lose initiative for Brooding on Tomorrow to kick in.

Now comes beatdown. G for grand = strength +4 for everyone, and A Promise means strength +4 for Frodo and Sam. So, with base strength 13 companions, you shouldn’t have a problem with winning. And Sudden Fury makes sure that if you win, it comes back at you later, with Alatar reinforcing Not the First Halfling for Gandalf. And then each time Sam or Gandalf wins a skirmish, two burdens come off. Sam and Frodo heal each other with Fates Entwined and Gandalf with Moment of respite.

A good idea for this is to include Gandalf, Returned and kill Gandalf, Leader of Men off, use Falls of Rauros and play Gandalf, Returned. That way, you can use Alatar to reinforce Not the First Halfling and Gandalf to reinforce Sudden Fury (or not the first halfling, if you want).

Also, Westfarthing Businessman would be pretty tough as well and would benefit from the use of Sudden Fury and not the first halfling.
Last edited by NBarden on Wed May 02, 2007 7:29 pm; edited 7 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:54 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’ve seen a similar deck before, and it was very effective.

One thing to consider is using the Sam RB to discard minions in the regroup phase, and Frodo, Frenzied Fighter to help keep swarm under better control. Don’t know if it would end up working better, but its something to consider.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i really don’t see any glaring deficiencies, you have enough healing to combat archery, but your main problem is condition discard could be a MAJOR problem, if it was in expanded, it wouldn’t last long IMO but since this is standard nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:30 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice deck! There’s just one suggestion I’d make...and it’s a rather interesting one, but only use it if you think you can survive without Gandalf for a turn.

Kill off Gandalf, Leader of Men, then use Falls of Rauros or Sent Back to play Gandalf, Returned! He’s an excellent choice for this deck, since he keeps reinforcing tokens with each victory.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:55 pm
Hm...good idea. I’ll put a suggested improvement for that.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard