LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:54 pm
--- description ---
The infamous Men infinite loop.
--- end description ---

Well...with all the infinite loops being built, the cards to build it are pretty expensive, so a dirt cheap infinite loop is definitely a plus. Now add to the fact that it is STANDARD LEGAL!

35 cards

Strange-Looking Men x 4
Easterling Dispatcher x 4
Sunland Guard x 4
Saruman, Coldly Still x 2
Vengeful Primitive x 4
Stampeding Savage x 3

Wildman’s Oath x 4
Pavise x 4
Primitive Brand x 2

Countless Companies x 2
Last Days x 2

Total: $12.70

Okay, so how is this an infinite loop?

Start by stacking and discatrding minions like crazy. Remember, you get to play every minion stacked on your possessions and in your discard pile. But hold onto a couple Easterling Dispatchers and two Sunland Guards if possible. Once you have enough minions, and 5, begin.

Against decks with 3 possessions, this works flawlessly. Against others, play as well as possible.

Get your Pavises on Countless Companies. Start by playing a Sunland Guard and an Easterling Dispatcher. After that, you should have of twilight out to play two Pavises off Countless Companies. Move to the Maneuver Phase. Use Sunland Guard to play Strange Looking Men and another Easterling Dispatcher. Use Strange Looking Men to grab the pavise on Easterling Dispatcher onto him. Exhaust Sunland Guard to play Easterling Dispatchers and one Sunland Guard. Use Strange Looking Men to suicide the Guard by transferring the Pavise to the other guard. Pull out Vengeful Primitive to discard all your dispatchers. Stack them on Wildman’s Oath and play them off with the Sunland Guard/Strange Looking Men combo. Continue until you have enough twilight. If you begin to run low, you can always play the loop again. Now loop with Stampeding Savage to play all your minions from your discard pile, discarding 0 minions each time. He stacks again, so keep pulling the loop until you play every minion from your discard pile. Then pull the loop to grab every minion stacked on possessions. In the meantime, the more minions in your hand for Last Days, the better.

Look out for multiple copies of second breakfast, though. That’ll hurt.

Have fun!
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well its broken. what can I say?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
anonymous22
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:00 pm
and for only 12 dollars too....
sperzdechly
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:22 am
Very good idea, but it doesn’t work.
After you use Strange Looking Men to suicide the Guard, you cannot stack the Guard, because he’s killed. "Killed" is not the same as "discraded".
macheteman
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:53 am
when a minion is killed, that minion is discarded. thus it stacks on the condition. perhaps its a dumb rule, but it’s in the rulebook.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:30 am
mm is right.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks MM!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sperzdechly
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:12 pm
macheteman wrote:
when a minion is killed, that minion is discarded.(...) it’s in the rulebook.

Not true.
Rulebook states "Place killed Free Peoples characters in your dead pile. Place killed minions in your discard pile."

Place in discard pile is not the same as discard. Discarded is not the same as killed.
1. Check cards like Last Days. Why is it written this way?
2. If killed is the same as discarded, what about killed companions? Are the discarded as well? Of course not, because they go onto dead pile. But then it yields different rulings of word "killed" for companions and minions! IMHO stupid.
3. Nowhere in the rulebook is written "killed is the same as discarded".
4. Check Freca at LOTR on-line. Discard him using Ithilien Blade. What will be the result? Site won’t be liberated. Why? Because discarded in not the same as killed. (No, it is not a bug Smile )
5. many more...Smile
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sperzdechly wrote:
Place in discard pile is not the same as discard.

Not necessarily. When you place a card in the dead pile, it is killed. And for crying out loud, if you put a card in the discard pile, you are discarding it!
Quote:
1. Check cards like Last Days. Why is it written this way?

Why do some cards say "discard from play", when the default meaning of discard is "discard from play"? Yeah, it’s redundant.
Quote:
3. Nowhere in the rulebook is written "killed is the same as discarded".
4. Check Freca at LOTR on-line. Discard him using Ithilien Blade. What will be the result? Site won’t be liberated. Why? Because discarded in not the same as killed. (No, it is not a bug Smile )

But nobody’s claiming that. We’re claiming that placing in discard pile is the same as discarded.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheJord
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:18 pm
’Placing’ cards in the discard pile isnt the same as discarding them!!?? Have you gone totally mad?? What else would it be then!? Its not like your discard pile has a back door.

Think of it as, when the ’card’ is killed, it enters ’the void’ (see the CRD) before going where it ends up, dead or discard pile.

Does this seem obvious to anyone else!?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard