LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Faramir, Captain of Ithilien?

5 (Best)  
83%
  [ 15 ]  83%

16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Yowza!

Let’s start off with the basics. 3/7/3/7 are good stats, but if you take into account his twilight reduction and his hunter bonus you are looking at 2/9/3/7. Nice! And since he’s a ranger, you can pull him from your draw deck with The Prancing Pony if you don’t have room for him in your starting fellowship.

His maneuver ability is awesome too. It can be used to heal up your companions that need to exert, and it is a nice protection against Orkish Lackey. But there is also a good combo: use Faramir with Steward’s Legacy. Just exert Faramir to heal himself, triggering Steward’s Legacy. That can prevent the abilities from cards like Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings, Orkish Lackey, Scouting Orc, and Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One from triggering.

With all those benefits, I have to give Faramir a rating of 5. He is a great splash, and he is awesome in Gondor decks too. I only hope that they make him a Legends foil and Legends Masterworks foil so that there will be enough of him to go around!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 pm
Not to mention the power boost he gives to Ithilien Blade decks. Start him with Halbarad to be certain of always being able to use Steward’s Legacy. Very nasty.

Anvar
bibfortuna25
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:09 pm
I would start with this Faramir, Aragorn, Strider and Ranger of the White Tree. Quite a solid starting fellowship!
All cards do what they say.
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 am
Just combo him with Stewards Legacy, exert him to heal himself and ta-da, no more minion special abilities.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:06 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoa that is kewl hopefully not X-list able kewl but kewl nonetheless.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:04 am
The potential here with Faramir and Steward’s Legacy is incredible! Plus the ability to get this Faramir out at site one is wicked, not to mention he is strength 9 against most minions. A solid 5 from me.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:23 am
I am glad to see that the pic from the April Fools’ Faramir was kept. Very Happy

Plus, his text is amazing, especially hunter 2! Applause I give it a 5. Cool
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:30 am
Stewards’ Legacy, all minions lose special abilities. SWEET!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:16 pm
Great card.

Besides the fact that it ought to read "other companion with..." so he can’t be infinite with steward’s legacy.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Great card.

Besides the fact that it ought to read "other companion with..." so he can’t be infinite with steward’s legacy.

oh great another thing D needs to erratra but never will.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit