LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Faramir, Captain of Ithilien?

5 (Best)  
83%
  [ 15 ]  83%

16%
  [ 3 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
LeeRoy Jenkins
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:47 am
bibfortuna25 wrote:
I would start with this Faramir, Aragorn, Strider and Ranger of the White Tree. Quite a solid starting fellowship!

I don’t think this works. Because once Faramir is in your starting fellowship he isn’t a cost 3 companion, but a cost 2 companion. So the text of Ranger of the White Tree won’t kick in. Correct me, if I’m wrong.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:21 am
LeeRoy Jenkins wrote:
I don’t think this works. Because once Faramir is in your starting fellowship he isn’t a cost 3 companion, but a cost 2 companion. So the text of Ranger of the White Tree won’t kick in. Correct me, if I’m wrong.

You’re wrong. Twilight reductions ONLY occur when the companion is played.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
are you sure? wouldn’t they still cost less? its just that it doesn’t affect how much is in the pool?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden’s right. (Personally, though, I’d consider using Ranger of the White Tree + Faramir, Captain of Gondor)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:21 pm
Can’t. Faramir is ring-bound.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
NBarden’s right. (Personally, though, I’d consider using Ranger of the White Tree + Faramir, Captain of Gondor)

oh OK.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden wrote:
Can’t. Faramir is ring-bound.

Ah...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AragornDoFP
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 pm
I give him a 5, he’s going into my Noble Leaders deck. Start with Boromir BoC, this Faramir, and then Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith. Then pull Thorongil with Prancing Pony and you start with a killer fellowship. Plus with his healing ability you may not even need another companion cause he can keep you healing.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit