LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Fredegar Bolger, Fatty?

5 (Best)  
18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Another 1 Hobbit is a nice addition, but he gets really tough when started with multiple companions. A strength +3 is nice.

Really, there’s nothing more to be said. Twilight cost redutcions in expanded for ents makes him great, and with the new pipeweed he’s even better! Great guy! 5
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:49 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
He’s awesome in region 1, but his usefulness takes a nosedive after that. Not bad to have around, though, and Big D gets bonus points for sticking with the story (and for the neat picture...he looks so sad!). I give it a 4.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:52 pm
I’m lovin’ the subtitle. Wink

His ability would be a ton better if it applied to region 2. Shame.

A 3 from me.
I had to put something here.
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:56 pm
A nice alternative to Farmer Maggot, hobbit of the marish for my Shire deck, his ability will always work in region 1 and then you can discard him with diversion later. I give him 5.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 pm
Yuck. Even 6 strength isn’t so good in the first region, since your basic companion will have that much strength. And then in the other regions he’s worthless. Hopefully he’ll get some support cards to make him more useful...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:41 pm
Pipeweed. I love him.

Suggested starting fellowship: Merry, In the Bloom of Health, Pippin, In the Bloom of Health, Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish, and Fredegar Bolger, Fatty. Farmer Maggot and Fredegar are tough until you get a couple Halfling Leaf out then strength doesn’t really matter. I think he works quite well with the new Pipeweed strategy, strength and vitality don’t matter its how much you can cram into the starting fellowship. 5 from me.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice idea, NBarden. The nice thing about that pair is that they do get automatic boosts while you’re waiting to draw key cards to help your fellowship. And not many minions can overwhelm a Strength 6 companion, at least not early in the game. Except the nazzies.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:17 am
I give him 4 as he is a 1 cost unbound hobbit which speaks for itself in terms of potential gameplay. His ability is nice but not immensely useful unless facing guls. Site 2 and 3 arent exactly where you would die averagely. O and he’ll counter the new men ruffian theme a bit.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:47 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I wish he had been better, Fatty was so cool in the books.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:00 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I wish he had been better, Fatty was so cool in the books.

Well, he was cool, but he didn’t exactly do anything, did he? He helped out the other hobbits at the very beginning and then spent most of the time in prison...

This card actually sticks to the story really well!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit