LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Erkenbrand's Shield?

5 (Best)  
93%
  [ 14 ]  93%

6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Um... undercosted?

If you though Great Shield was good, check out this shield. Automatic -1 to archery, cancel bearer’s fierce skirmish for just 2 twilight, and you get some wound prevention for Rohan. And it doesn’t even cost any twilight!

The fierce skirmish canceling is definitely the best part of the card. There are plenty of ways to make your Rohirrim defender +1 (Firefoot, No Rest for the Weary, Burial Mounds, etc) which means that you probably won’t have to worry about how many fierce Nazgul are in play. Just get through the first set of skirmishes and you’re in good shape!

Not tons of Rohan decks use Gandalf, but there are several that use the Gandalf Ring-bearer and there are some that splash Gandalf, Leader of the Company. Now there is an even greater benefit to doing it, since you can prevent wounds.

It’s hard not to give the Shield a rating of 5. I’d give it a 6 or 7 if I could, just because it’s so undercosted. At least it’s a Rohan card though, and Rohan is not the most competitive decktype.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now that picture is just AWFUL! Ack! I wouldn’t bear such shield, I’d refuse it with all my soul!
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Although Erkenbrand’s shield was red...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 pm
A bunch of half-rate abilities that make it decent. 4.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sperzdechly
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:33 am
Half-rate abilities? Are you mad? Beside the Beorning Axe it is the best card from the new expansion.

1. Zero cost and can be bear by every Rohan comapnion.
2. Reducing archery.
3. CANCELING SKIRMISHES!!! This is one of the most powerful abilities in LOTR. Combined with defeder +X (which is primary keyword in Rohan) it gives you power to stand against 2,3,4...minions without any harm! And look at its cost! It is virtualy nothing.
4. Prevent wounding. Great deal! Perfect against all the direct wounding. Its drawback is recuirement of Gandalf, but it can be done in Rohan.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:02 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am going to have to agree with spez here.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:49 am
This is by far one of the most intriguing cards I have ever seen in the ENITRE GAME, let alone T&D! Think how powerful this could be comboed with a Gandalf and Out of High Airs! Just cancel the fierce skirmish, exert Gandalf to discard each minon, then move again. WOW! A very solid 5 from me.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:11 am
I am very, very impressed with this card. And it has a cost of 0! Shocked
Plus, with all the text, there’s no room for bad lore! Razz

A solid 5 from me, hands down. Very Happy
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:17 pm
Cancelling skirmishes shouldn’t have such a low cost. Only twilight? Gosh. Makes it a little harder to double move, but still... good-bye nazzies..

It’s almost like they’re making cards to kill old strategies so that everyone has to buy the new ones.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:20 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
It’s almost like they’re making cards to kill old strategies so that everyone has to buy the new ones.

Ding ding ding! Tell him what he’s won, Johnny!

I’ve thought that for a while now.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit