LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is It Draws Him?

5 (Best)  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:06 pm

This was a bit of a letdown for me. At best it gives you 3 extra twilight to work with, and you can use Led Astray to do that and more. The only thing that It Draws Him has in it’s advantage is that you can just spot a Gollum card to play it (instead of Gollum), which means that if you’re using Shelob and not Gollum it’ll work.

You can also use it by spotting Smeagol, so it your meta has lots of decks with Smeagol it might not be a bad idea to use a couple copies of It Draws Him.

And finally, you can splash a Gollum card such as Web to your deck and then use It Draws Him..

Still, It Draws Him only gets a 3 from me. I for one hope that I don’t pull it in a booster pack.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:36 am
Not a bad card for a Gollum deck, you can always use it play Gollum himself, if he’s in your hand.
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:48 am
I like to run a Balrog with my Gollum deck, since I’ve got all those undergrounds in there for Slippery. And since the Bridge says the Balrog IS twilight cost -3, this card could make him another -3. So that’s a Balrog for 8 at any site. And then for Shelob the rest of the time.

However, what the Gollum culture needs is more minions. I suspect this might be the tip of something.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:03 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
really I think it stinks, as Ac said comapred to led astray it doesn’t hold a candle
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:22 am
You really think they’ll put Gollum and Shelob on the box packaging without filling out the culture a little? It would give a whole new dimension to every card with Gollum minion on it.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:22 am
This card is a dud in my opinion. Like AC said, Led Astry is more effecient in that it adds more twilight AND replaces a site, while the most this card can do is make a minion’s twilight cost -1. A medicore 3 from me.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:28 am
It seems weak. I would rather use From Deep In Shadow. A 3 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Eh, I gave it a 4. There are certainly more powerful cards out there, but I think this makes Gollum a better splash minion than he was before this card existed. And can’t it spot, say, Sméagol or other FP Gollum cards too?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:19 am
Decent. Good for high site number minions, such as Shelob. I think its probably going to be limited to the Gollum culture.

Although of a new Uruk-hai/Gollum decktype emerges, it could help some.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
anonymous22
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:17 pm
it says spot a gollum/smeagol culture card. Does this mean it can spot the opposing freeps card also?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit