LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Corsair Grappling Hook?

5 (Best)  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:14 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville

Wow, this right here is a nice card. Step back, and think of how useful token reinforcement is to the Men culture. Immediately, Stragglers and Howdah jump to mind. Imagine: playing Howdah and getting two more tokens on it right away! That’s quite an insane thought. The ability to add that much archery alone is reason to pack this card in Men decks.

The site control is also very nice, but not as likely to trigger. Still, not a bad ability.

And I betcha that we see some more uses for this card as the corsairs appear in T&D!

Currently, I rate this a 4 for its amazing uses with Howdah. Or stragglers.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Definitely stragglers. Corsair tokens are back! Pirate Cutthroat and now this, I think we know about the Corsair theme.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I wonder if they will restore the unloaded keyword corsair? this is a nice card though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:26 am
Wow! Stragglers and Howdah just got so much easier to reinforce. Comboed with Countless Companies, you can place a total of eight tokens with four of these bad boys out. The second part of the text is nice, especially with minions overwhelming companions left and right with the loaded straggler cards. A solid 5 from me.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:33 am
Sweet card, and it’s only an uncommon, so it will be easy to get. Thumbs Up Men token reinforcement just got a lot easier! I give it a 4. Smile
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:35 am
Nice! Combo it with Countless Companies to continually reinforce your tokens. A 4 from me.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit