LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Armor of the White City?

5 (Best)  
76%
  [ 13 ]  76%

11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

11%
  [ 2 ]  11%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 17
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville

Wowsa. This card right here just busted knights wide open. They’re back in a big way! Notice the incredible flexibility of this card! You could stick this in a ranger deck, and gain immediate access to awesome cards like Fourth Level and Citadel of the Stars.

Another awesome idea is to include this and Knight’s Mount in a wounding ranger deck, and watch those exertions pile up!! Sweet card.

I give it a 5. Rock on knights!!

bibfortuna25’s edit: I changed the title of your topic to reflect the title of the actual card.

AnxiousChieftain’s edit: fixed the poll’s title.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:35 pm
Worth it just to make your Isildur ring-bearer a knight in a regular knight deck. A fascinating card that suggests much but might in the end do very little for real decks.

Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:05 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think it rocks, want to use telcontar in your knight deck for healing? put him in with this. same thing with the new faramir.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:30 am
The ability to make ANY gondor companion a knight is very nice. With this and the Isildur RB, you can make any gondor companion an automatic strength +2. Of course, this card is very good, but it is not as game changing as Beoring Axe or Ekenbrand’s shield. A well deserved 4 from me.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 am
A definite 5 from me. Isildur now gets a strength bonus from his own text! And +1 strength from an armor is great, since you can also get strength bonuses from a bow, a horse, and a sword.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:36 am
Awesome card, and it’s only a common! Shocked Cobra, can I make a pre-order? Razz
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:41 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The combos this opens up are mind-boggling. I sense a huge comeback for fortifications are on the horizon. An easy 5.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:16 am
Give it to Isildur RB, duh. Strength +2 pump. From armor.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 am
The flexibility and the +2 using Isildur boh gametext gets a 5 from me. Useful card and even cooler in my gondor posession deck with Denethor.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:49 am
This card is game changing, and finally brings the Knights back into Standard. Now your Isildur RB can be a knight allowing you to spot more knights and make him stronger. Characters like Elendil, The Tall now can find a permanent spot in Knight decks. And if thats not all, it gives a +1 strength boost! And its common!

You can now have armies of Ranger Knights combining 2 lethal discarding/wounding strategies. I am interested to see the strategies people will use with this.

This card is brilliant. The Knights are back!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit