LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:58 pm
Well, on the Two Towers movie, you get to see them both in action. The rangers used ambush to suprise the enemy and attacked from all sides. Surprised The elves seem to like to just stand there (behind a safe lil wall) and make their every arrow count. Cool so it depends on the situation for archery.

Once the orcs got into the walls in Helms Deep, the elves seemed to just disappear after awhile.lol Confused Even Haldar dies in sword combat. so I would say rangers would win sword hands down.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:11 pm
I think you guys are missing it...

The elves are immortal. They have FOREVER to hone their skills.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:18 pm
I just think elves are overrated. :P
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:39 pm
I would say that it depends on the Elf. If you're a ranger of Ithilien, then you're going to know a good deal of sword-play and archery. If you're an Elf, you may not have focused on fighting skills, prefering to study or wander or do other Elvish things.

Now if it was an Elven Warrior, then the Elf would probably easily win.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:00 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
thanks for pointing that out anxious chieftain. i hadn't thought of that.

now for another of those "who would win" things.

who would win? a Numanorian Warrior Or an Elven Warrior? (i know that is most likely not the correct spelling but bear wiht me."

i think it would be close. if it were Elendil of Aragorn i think they would win, but other than that i think it would be pretty much a tie between the elf and Man.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:08 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Is this with a sword or in archery?
syndrome
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:39 pm
The rangers are numenorean (sp.)
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:27 pm
ingold55 wrote:
thanks for pointing that out anxious chieftain. i hadn't thought of that.

now for another of those "who would win" things.

who would win? a Numanorian Warrior Or an Elven Warrior? (i know that is most likely not the correct spelling but bear wiht me."

i think it would be close. if it were Elendil of Aragorn i think they would win, but other than that i think it would be pretty much a tie between the elf and Man.

It's Numenorean.

That would be hard. "The Númenóreans were extremely skilled in arts and craft, with the forging of weapons and armour; but the Númenóreans were not warmongers, hence the chief art on the island became that of ship-building and sea-craft. The Númenóreans became great mariners... They oft travelled to the shores of Middle-earth, teaching the men there the art and craft, and introduced farming as to improve their everyday lives."

Like the elves, although the ability of great warriors is there, they aren't all warriors. A good Numenorian warrior could take on anything. The numenorians lived long (like 250+ years) and were tall (Elendil was 7'11").
But, the elves of those days lived since the beginning of middle earth. And that would make them 15,000+ years old. As a warrior, you could do quite a bit with that sort of time. So, I think once again, it would be a tie.
Cool

Phazanzar wrote:
The rangers are numenorean (sp.)

Depends on which rangers. It seems to me while reading the posts, some think that we are talking about Ithilian Rangers. Which aren't very good in the first place Wink . But, the Dunedain Rangers aren't 100% Numenorian in the either. Since the witch-king destroyed their home of Angmar, they dont have many people of the same race, so many are only half or less Numenorean.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:45 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Interesting point of view, but i don't remember anyone asking for all that junk about shipbuilding and stature.
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:53 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
Interesting point of view, but i don't remember anyone asking for all that junk about shipbuilding and stature.

"but the Númenóreans were not warmongers, hence the chief art on the island became that of ship-building and sea-craft."

I was kinda getting at the whole "they're aren't all about war and fighting" thing we discussed about the elves earlier. Whereas the rangers were.

But, they (Numenoreans) are big, stong, and disciplined and that means when they fight, even if it's not a priority of theirs, they will not be taken for granted. But in the end, I really dont know what to say, elves and men are interesting as they have both fought together and neither suffered anymore than the others. It's hard man, it's hard..

Sorry, I kinda feel passionately for the Numenorians. I wuv them. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion