LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Final Triumph?

5 (Best)  
66%
  [ 8 ]  66%

25%
  [ 3 ]  25%

8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm

This card is completely and absolutely sweet! With the new spear that released in Rise of Saruman, and the Isengard Siege Bow, the potential to get up to a pretty hefty vitality is huge.

Of course, there is a flip side to all of this. Final Triumph gives a huge bonus to high, vitality guys. And against wounding, Uruk-Hai suddenly aren’t tough again. Shadowplay for one would stop this card.

Also, a hefty four twilight can be tough for some decks to handle.

But as a support card to pull out on a fellowship that’s pretty beat up, this card can be a game breaker. Not sure its worth building a deck around, but definitely playable.

Five.

And just an idea, who wouldn’t love a NG deck with some Uruk-hai. Damage +1 would be sweet!
Last edited by NBarden on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 pm
This is a game-changing card. Vitality winning skirmishes? Unheard of!!!

But there are several rules questions that spring up with the card. Does 4 vitality overwhelm 2 vitality? Or do you use strength to decide overwhelming. Would that mean that you win with vitality, but then get overwhelmed due to lack of strength?

Regardless of how the card is meant to be played, it is a fun new option for any uruk-hai decks (including Sauron and Isengard Uruk-hai!). Decipher did something right for once! Wink

A 4 from AC.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Dang, this card changes the way LOTR plays, right here! Resolving skirmishes with vitality instead of strength? An incredible idea. And it’s a good path for hunter uruks to take. Check out the following combo:

Ugluk, Ugly Fellow + Spear of the White Hand + Isengard Siege Bow. A nice bit of vitality, and Ugluk knocks down that character’s vitality immediately!

And check out this: hunter bonuses don’t have anything to do with the skirmish any more! Hunter modifies strength, not vitality!

(merged to NB’s thread)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Personally, I think using vitality instead of strength would overwhelm the character. True, the rule book says that a character is only overwhelmed if the strength is double, but vitality does not technically become the strength. I can see why; then skirmish events (and perhaps, possessions and followers) would still make a difference.

But the thing about "The rulebook says strength!" is just a loophole, IMO. LotR people are too technical.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:28 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
LotR people are too technical.

Try playing a big tournament of Magic...
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 am
Pretty cool card, unless you are playing against an archery deck. I give it a 4. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:18 am
Wow, this card will change the way people play this game. I think the idea is awesome. There is an amazing amount of potential with this card. On the side note, that picture isn’t too shabby either. A 5 from me.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit