LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
30%
  [ 4 ]  30%

61%
  [ 8 ]  61%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
JayPL
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:07 am
your Orc deck will not work Razz
I have tested supposedly-corrupting Orc Miscreant + Relentless Warg combo during my last tournament Confused five games - the only deck I managed to corrupt (twice!) was Elven culture, and it was only because Miscreant was bearing Rider’s Gear. with Gondor, Gandalf, Dwarven - no chance to survive till regroup (I had four Miscreants, six wargs and four gears, and four Goblin Hordes of course). The only burdens I added were through playing consequently Courtyard Parapet (I play Expanded in my meta), replaced with Unforgiving Depths.

BTW, what do you need Retribution for?

PS. I agree with Relentless Warg, my favourite minion so far being Orkish Scout. A 4 for the article
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:26 am
Thanks, JayPL! Very Happy

Retribution is for the bearers of Mordor Scimitar to win skirmishes, thus adding burdens. I think I’ll cut 3x Retribution and add 3x Rider’s Gear, though. Thumbs Up Mordor Scimitar does enough damage on its own. Razz
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
If NB will consent, I will add his Men infinite loop deck. I’ll try to add a section of broken stuff in RoS, SoP. Thumbs Up

thanks. JayPL has a point, whenever i use miscreant(though that is without warg) all he does is maybe ensure someone else survives
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 am
I added a The Broken of RoS section, SoP, just above Special Thanks. Look good? Smile
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:10 am
You have my permission to use any of my decks. As long as you cite them and provide a link to my article. (Except for pipeweed).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 am
Done. Thanks for the decklist, NB! GP
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:39 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Not very good at making full decklists, but Citadel to Gate makes for an awesome combo with Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas. Yeah, it adds a lot of twilight, but splash Gandalf and that Shadowfax in with a bunch of, say, Hobbits, and you’ve got awesome anti-corruption AND healing power. Then some cards like Make Haste, Straining Towards Us, and Meant to Be Alone can help reduce all that twilight.

I dunno. Just random ideas. GP if you can come up with a full decklist using the new Gandalf and/or the new Shadowfax.

For now, a 5 for a very nice article. Really ties all those new RoS ideas together into one place. Good work! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:06 am
Thanks, Dain! Very Happy

Regarding a deck for Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas, I made a rough draft. After I get a few suggestions, I will edit it accordingly and then add it to the article. Thumbs Up

Thanks again for the review and vote! Very Happy
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:20 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
nice article, a few things i already knew, but ill give it a 5
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 am
Thanks for the review, l333! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest