LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Frenzy of Arrows?

5 (Best)  
89%
  [ 17 ]  89%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

1 (Worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 19
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Except... it’s not four copies in play.

It’s an event, if you haven’t noticed.

That’s not what I meant. You could have 2 in hand, 2 in your discard pile, and 2 Underlings in hand. Play the Underlings, retrieve the other 2 copies of Frenzy of Arrows, and then play all 4 copies. All for only 14 twilight! Shocked
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:33 pm
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:
Wow, this is like Orc Bowmen on steriods! Plus you can have up to four copies in play! Very nice card. Hobbit and Gandalf Men decks are dead now. 5.

AP, I was more referring to this post than to yours.

But yeah, with underlings... follower decks die. May as well attach your followers to companions and kill them off with the archery... get rid of the blasted things!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:37 pm
Since mine was directly above yours, I assumed that you were talking to me.

No big deal, though. I can’t believe this card is only an uncommon! Shocked
I had to put something here.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:41 pm
It’s a neat card, but what does it have to do with Saruman? There are no Orc Sarumans yet.
All cards do what they say.
raptor22
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:38 pm
Saruman, Servant of Sauron, he’s a follower, so automatic 2 archery.
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:31 am
I don’t like to throw my opinion around, but this card seems really broken. If I have two followers I’m taking six archery! Or if two of this event are played, twelve!

I can’t absorb twelve archery without looking like a sieve, even on a good day.

Looks like I can dust off my shield of boromir and all those Elven Cloaks I never used.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:50 am
I agree with yerkamig. This is overpowered. All this time we’ve been waiting for a good way to counter followers nicely and instead we don’t get a counter but an annihilation. This isn’t just a tax its a bankruptcy! This will kill decks dead. Escalation is making cards stupid. Plus 2 if you can spot a follower would be bad enough especially as you can abuse it with saruman sos for 4 archery. But for EACH follower? Come on. A few underlings and leave the rest of the pool for this and you have an abusive deck. I hate cards which stop you from playing an entire type of deck. Cards should punish certain types and have advantages over others but not that completely decimate a fellowship because they chose to put a few of a type of card in. D has over done it a bit, and an uncommon??? Ouch. Their arrows will blot out the sun and we will fight in the shade!.... Except you will die in the shade.

Definately a 5 as extremely playable..
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:24 am
Die in the shade!
TheJord
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:41 pm
I can see this card getting R-listed fairly quickly, but then one is all you need in these evil Orc decks.
anonymous22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:47 pm
Man.... Orcs are seriously getting way overpowered now. They basically are able to make every decktype that is now defunct. There’s like how many types of orc decks? 9? 10?

And why is this an Uncommon? I think D has been smoking too much on Nat’l Smoke Weed day.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit