LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Ruffian?

5 (Best)  
38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:34 pm

Rather bland title, but the pic is okay. I don’t know where the lore came from though.

It’s a really cool minion though, since for 3 twilight at site 2 or 3 you get a 12 strength minion. And then at sites 4-6 he has 10 strength. I can see a quick-striking Shadow side if there are more cards like this! Game over in 2 minutes! Laughing

His downside is his low vitality, but give him a Pavise and you’ll be fine.

A low 4 from me, but if the strategy gets fleshed out then he could maybe even be a 5.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:55 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yes!! Sharkey’s men!!! I like this guy!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:35 pm
Saruman, Sharkey

To expensive. Its funny how D makes either overpowered or underpowered cards. This one is only worth it in region 1 or 2, which I guess isn’t to bad. But with vitality 1, he should be 3 twilight.

Wait, shouldn’t it be region 3? Cause he shows up at the end.

Oh well. I hate the title, but I guess they’re hitting a wall with no more titles.
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I like him.
but yeah the title sucks
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:50 pm
NBarden wrote:
But with vitality 1, he should be 3 twilight.

Um, he is 3 twilight. Think

NBarden wrote:
Wait, shouldn’t it be region 3?

Since Bree was one of the first places that the Hobbits went to on the Quest, so it fits in perfectly (look at sites like Bree Gate and Bree Streets).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NB is thinking he is from the scouring of the shire, but he obviously isn’t.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 pm
Awesome! The first minion with a site number of 2! Applause A few copies of this guy in region 1 could mean a dead fellowship! Shocked

A 5 from me! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 pm
Sweet! This minion could be a killer. For ONLY 3 twilight during the ENTIRE game, you can have a minion that is Strength 12, 10, or 8. I like the idea alot too. I give it a 5.

AP, Nelya from Shadows have a site number of 2 as well. So techincally, he was the first minion with the lowest site number. Wink
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:27 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sickofpalantirs wrote:
NB is thinking he is from the scouring of the shire, but he obviously isn’t.

With the title "Ruffian", he is from the Scouring. That’s the only place where we see "Ruffian". At Bree, it was just half-orcs and such.

And here’s what I think about the gametext...
Region 1 and Region 2 are supposedly the ones closest to home. The Scouring was right at home. So Region 1 and Region 2 actually model the Scouring quite well.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Awesome! The first minion with a site number of 2!

All but one copy of Nelya have site 2 as their site number, as does the original Bill Ferny.
All cards do what they say.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit