LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is A Dragon's Tale?

5 (Best)  
14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

21%
  [ 3 ]  21%

21%
  [ 3 ]  21%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Sweet! Great picture, title, and lore, and it even has a cool under-used keyword!

The text is amazing. For no exerting or twilight, you make the Shadow player exert a minion (which triggers cards like Unheeded). You can discard other tales like Tale of the Great Ring or There and Back Again, or you can even discard the card itself.

Now I have to go back and search for more tales! Red Book of Westmarch can draw cards, Bilbo Baggins, Well-spoken Gentlehobbit can discard conditions, and you can even use all the Dwarven tales (like Till Durin Wakes Again) and the Elven tales (Hosts of the Last Alliance and more!).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Didn’t they use that pic before? Thror’s Map?

Oh well. Tales are dead. Dead. And so Standard gets nothing from this. But expanded and open, tales live!

As for unheeded, sure. Can’t kill with Shadoplay in the shadow? Use Daddy Twofoot and kill maneuver.

3. Although expanded got a new card.
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its interesting. but not 5 material.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:51 pm
It looks like a cool card, but atm you can only discard one tale: The Tale of the Great Ring. If they design more tales, this might see some play, but for now it will sit right next to the Bilbo RB on the shelf. 2 for now, but if we get some more tales, I would be encouraged to give it a higher score.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 pm
Cool stuff, especially in a combo with Shadowplay. Thumbs Up

I give it a 4. Smile
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:
It looks like a cool card, but atm you can only discard one tale: The Tale of the Great Ring.

There are actually 4 different tales that you can discard in Standard format:

The Tale of the Great Ring
Everyone Knows
Scroll of Isildur
A Dragon’s Tale
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm
This is a great card, as it can discard any free peoples tale. Any deck using the Frodo RB can use this, especially w/ Unheeded strategies.

I like it!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:46 am
I’m with AC on this. I love tales. I never thought we’d see another one. We don’t play standard in my meta, so I will wear this card out.

I have a feeling Bilbo Baggins, Well-spoken Gentlehobbit will see some action because of it.

Drool
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:23 am
In standard this rates at a 2. But expanded rates much higher it almost stupid cos you can use 4 copies of til durin wakes so its free. Gives hobbits maneuver killing. Shadowplay, this and unheeded will be like denethor last ruling steward in the shire!

Ill give it a 3 and hope more tales are released in T&D.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:14 am
Did anyone see this on the spoiler article at D today?

" And don’t pout that it is a condition because the shire also get a neat trick to keep their possession on the table."

What does this mean?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit