LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is All Life Flees?

5 (Best)  
20%
  [ 3 ]  20%

13%
  [ 2 ]  13%

26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

33%
  [ 5 ]  33%

1 (Worst)  
6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

Total Votes : 15
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:19 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Its the nazgul’s hand and a centipede running off, when the hobbits are hiding by the side of the road when they fell out of farmer maggots field and found mushrooms.

Oh! I thought he was petting his Fell Beast and those were its eyelashes! Anxious

Wasn’t that Nelya?
Cobra
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:42 am
That minion-fetching text is a little ridiculous... I have to wonder if the designer really meant to have the minion’s cost doubled. Confused

This card might see some play for the first ability, but I doubt it. It’s still overcosted, and at any rate I’ve always thought that adding random "bullet" cards to a Shadow deck is just asking for trouble.

Of course, it’s still a way to get rid of a follower, which is a pretty rare thing, so I’ll give it a 3.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:17 am
Honestly though when the cost to discard a follower is at least 3 and nazgul start costing at 4, who is really going to put this in their deck? There maybe a few who just want to try it out but i don’t think it’ll see much play. Too expensive.... period.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 am
My question is, would this work with TOIL since toil reduces the cost to play the card at the time you play it. So could you fetch a Witch King Captain of the nine Riders for 2 twilight from your draw deck if you had enough vitality on the table to toil him down to 0?
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:40 am
I don’t think it would MH as when you go looking in your discard pile the twilight cost check is made then and at that point the witch king costs 8. So you remove 8 to play the witch king for another 8 or toil him for less. So with the 2 cost it would cost 10 minimum upto 18 to get him out. This card blows!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:18 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I don’t think it would MH as when you go looking in your discard pile the twilight cost check is made then and at that point the witch king costs 8. So you remove 8 to play the witch king for another 8 or toil him for less. So with the 2 cost it would cost 10 minimum upto 18 to get him out. This card blows!
First off, the card says "or play from deck a Wraith card that has a twilight cost of X" so there will be no playing from the discard pile. Deck = Draw Deck.

Secondly since you are "playing a card" from your draw deck, the Playing a Card rules would come into effect. Those rules state:
3. Pay costs to play The Card. This includes both twilight costs and other costs included in game text. If adding or removing Twilight tokens to the pool is part of the cost, it is done first. If the card references itself by name in its game text, it may modify its own cost.

The definition of toil states:
When you play a card that has the toil keyword, you may reduce its twilight cost by the number specified. You do this by exerting one of your characters of the same culture as that card.
You may exert multiple characters of the same culture. Each different character you exert reduces the twilight cost by the number specified.

Thus I would think that you would be able to reduce the cost of the card through toil to X (potentially 0 if you have enough vitality) since the cost of the card is affected only when playing it. This will definitely need a rules clarification.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:08 pm
Any time you play a card, the owner may use its toil ability.

I think the card should say, "play from draw deck" not "from deck".

Not a big deal, I know, but I have to point out the errors.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 pm
Well, it looks like Brad answered the first part of the question about cost here.

That makes the card pretty much a wasted spot if your opponent isn’t playing with any followers.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:41 pm
Or unless you have in the pool approx. 294 twilight. Twisted Evil
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
TheJord
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 am
I think there needs to be an errata on this card stating that when you pay the initial twilight cost of removing X to play a minion that it pays for the cost of the minion ie you dont have to remove X again.

But how likely is that?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit