LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
corvus
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:28 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Cobra wrote:
I think this particular approach may cross a line.

To tell you the truth, i see some friends that have quit the game for important reasons. They just wanted to see some new cards. I todl them ok let’s check them out. They were wandering for some time in the Q & A thread, watching answers like: maybe, i don’t remember, i’ll check it out etc. The result they got bored and said "yeah ok, we’ll talk about cards next year again...."

My point: old players don’t care about D’s problems. Brad is just an English name for them. All they care about is the game and how it progresses. By doing whatever he likes, Brad turns them away from the game (ie one of those friends immediately told me: "ok, we’re starting MTG!"). And now this? This is way over the top.

If no legal violations are made, i would propose getting the thread up and running again. Sorry if i annoyed anyone.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:19 pm
This is not a legal issue; if my original post suggested legal worries, that was unintentional. The issue is simply that Brad, the only direct link between Decipher and the LOTR TCG community, has apparently gotten ticked off and stopped talking to us.

Yes, I agree that his reaction was childish and a little bit ridiculous. But I can’t control anyone’s actions but my own. I made the decision I thought would have the best effects for the community as a whole.

If Brad’s future action (or inaction) changes the situation, I will happily set up the auto-spoiler again myself.

-- Cobra
Last edited by Cobra on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:12 pm
Geez I’m sorry for the trouble I caused. Embarassed
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:30 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Don’t worry. I think the big deal over it was more my fault. Brick wall It wasn’t a problem until I mentioned it over on D....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:40 pm
As far as I’m concerned, both of you showed some great initiative in trying to get the latest spoilers out to people. It’s hardly your fault if the (ex-) brand manager thinks he should be the sole source of good publicity for the game.

Just for the record.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
corvus
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:23 am
I understand Mr Brace. I would act exactly like you in this case, since you show some serious professionalism in your work in contrdiction to others. Sorry, i was just really angry before.

NBarden, i will be constantly GP ing you for the next couple of days, don’t let it worry you. Brad sloppy, you were intelligent. End of story.
yerkamig
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:26 am
corvus wrote:
My point: old players don’t care about D’s problems. Brad is just an English name for them. All they care about is the game and how it progresses.

Corvus, this is how I feel. I never knew who Brad was until I picked up the game again this year. But the more I read about him and the LotR community the less I like (yes I’ve check out his website). So my questions are these:

1) Are we just playing Brad TCG here? How much of this game was solely developed by him?

2) What kind of genius is this guy? Is he the world champioin of all known tcg’s?

Frankly I don’t know diddly-doo about developing games like this, but I know that neither this (nor Star Trek- Brad’s other bastard baby) wouldn’t be much w/o the franchises they suckle.

As long as I can get together with some buddies and chant "GROND!" while I lay down the Flame of Anor, I’m happy. Isn’t that what gaming is all about?
corvus
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:10 am
Exactly my point. Thank you.
LeeRoy Jenkins
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:27 am
I see why Brad is upset, but acting so childish... Common, he is man and I mean a man man Cool . Was his ego hurt so badly just by this little offense? Rolling Eyes

NVM: Seems like one of It-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named card, has a typo in it’s description. According to my dictionary you spell it possession and not possesion.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well he might be tired and stretched a little thin, but still it was pretty bad...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit