LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

57%
  [ 8 ]  57%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
yerkamig
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:46 am
Anautikus wrote:
nice article!
Ur shadow is interesting w. balrog, but i dun see it getting played much. where’s horribly strong? it’s so great along w/ captured by the ring.
anyways GP Very Happy

You’re right, sometimes I never even see the Balrog. But I struggle sometimes with how much archery I have to face (12-14). So I welcome suggestions on this front.

As for events, I avoid them specifically to enable my fellowship. I want to play as much shadow as I can to the table. THis way I usually get within a few cards of decking myself by site nine. And it’s so fun double moving with seven or eight fellowship cards in hand! I can sit back, sip my latte, and play one handed it’s so easy! Wink
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:20 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
A great perception of the game, though i got a bit frustrated by the Star Wars stuff... Confused Whatever, you seem to have made quite a point here, as you showed the REAL sides of the game.

How about building the opposite of what you’ve made? IE my old deck, Besiegers and Dwarves is a perfect Defensive Fellowship offensive shadow example.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:48 pm
We need more articles like this. Glorified decklists are OK, but creative ideas are rare and hard to write about.

I like it!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:56 am
Hey thanks guys! Very Happy

Corvus, I am working on an inverted version of this decktype. I’ll be playtesting it with Bib this weekend. Maybe it will be my article next month!
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:04 pm
It was a good article. I like philosophical approaches to the game. Even though the game doesn’t allow for a ton of it. But I’m not exactly sure I understood everything very well. It would have been nice to have some more examples on how your theories can work. You kind of just left your theorizing thoughts and went to your deck list and the strategies behind it. I just didn’t see clearly how the ideas went into action. So basically, I liked the first part, I think the second part could have tied in with the first part a bit better.
"SOMEONE..."
"Was there sposed to be anything more to that phrase?"
"Shut up! Shut your mouth, you!"
-The Cloak
www.filmcow.com
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK something i notcied which docked you, your match-ups suck. no offense meant, but the difference between raider archery, man archery, and orc archry is huge. you need to include specific decks, not types of decks
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:26 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
OK something i notcied which docked you, your match-ups suck. no offense meant, but the difference between raider archery, man archery, and orc archry is huge. you need to include specific decks, not types of decks

I don’t think that’s very realistic. The matchup section would be huge...

Not to mention I haven’t played against most of the decks I would be matching up. My meta is kind of small right now.

It would be more helpful for you to show me a weakness so I could theorize how to fix it, rather than me just theorizing from the start.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh if your meta is small, just list some of the popular decktypes in your meta IMHO...IB is a must.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
serpentknight20o7
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:12 am
nice article!
Cobra
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:19 am
Congratulations to yerka mig, who takes 2nd place and $25 store credit in the April 2007 LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest. Cheers
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest