LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Denethor, On the Edge of Madness?

5 (Best)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

21%
  [ 3 ]  21%

28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:26 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...

Wow. That’s one heck of a drawback. up to 9 burdens just from Denethor himself. But supposedly, his sword will somehow solve that.

By looking at this guy, the first thing that comes to mind is Elendil is gonna be a monster. The next thing is, will he get his sword in time? If its cost 1, then Boromir should be able to get it early. (assuming it may be borne by anyone, which seems to be how Brad likes to design the cards, anyway.)

Either way, Str +1 and Damage +1 with a single exertion is nothing to sneeze at, though, as long as you have some decent burden removal/prevention.

Or you could burn him with Saved From the Fire...
Last edited by AgentDrake on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 am
Now we know what Brad means by a huge drawback. Razz

His ability isn’t half bad, but adding a burden every site could be virtual suicide, especially against a corruption deck.

I give him a 3. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m gonna go nuts and give him a 4. I have just enough faith in his upcoming sword to believe that it will help offset this, and with a high-resistance RB and some good burden removal, you should be able to hold on well enough for that ability to be worth it. I can see him being HUGE if you plan properly.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Shadows
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:54 am
That’s a very cool ability, the only thing is...

Gondor decks are often stretched for space as it is, and if you use this guy then pack enough burden removal etc., then will you be able to draw your key cards (like his sword) in time? Because you lose the option of playing Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith.

unless you did some complicated thing involving then Gandalf ring-bearer, Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith, 2 one cost gondor men, used denethor at site three, then burnt him to grab this Denethor and something like Well Travelled, then switched in falls of rauros to remove Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith and then next fellowship played this guy.

..yeah, a 3 at the moment, possibly 4 if the sword makes him more practical...
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:21 pm
Use Isildur, Ring of Rings, Scroll of Isildur, and a package of artifacts (for Narsil, amazing on Elendil or Isildur himself).

If you have 6 artifacts, that’s 12 resistance. Not shabby. Especially if his sword has some burden removal or something...

4 from me. The ability is terribly killer.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
anonymous22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm
there’s a limit on how many artifacts that can be spot on scroll of isildur. However, he can work with Borormir RB with ranger’s cloak, ring of rings, scroll of isildur, and Elendil, High-king of gondor, but I would still use lord of minas tirith over him, unless his sword does thing about the burden.( maybe it would be similar to Glamdring, Foe-Hammer)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:13 pm
You know, I think I’ll wait till I see his Sword to rate him. I mean, his skirmish ability is amazing but it’s not worth it right now with that drawback.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:50 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Dang, that’s amazing...but I really do want to see the Sword.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 pm
Cheap twilight, high stats, cool special, nasty drawback, but still good. Burden removal and he’s fine.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:40 pm
I don’t see a reason to use this Denethor instead of Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith. Noble Leaders is a much better way to give Gondor companions strength bonuses, especially now that we have Throne of Minas Tirith and Gandalf, Returned.
All cards do what they say.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit