LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Denethor, On the Edge of Madness?

5 (Best)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

21%
  [ 3 ]  21%

28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:46 am
In a pure gondor deck gotta be a 2. Gondor can’t remove burdens. Full stop. Anything else like throw in the pippin engine and he’s great at least a 4. I will wait on voting til i see heis sword ccos that might make him 5. Who knows?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:37 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Unless his sword is total sweetness, this denethor is only going to see player’s binders IMHO.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm
It’s a cool concept, but based on the info we have so far, it’s simply too dangerous to see serious play. Gondor doesn’t have a good way to nullify those burdens, and even with a Shire or Gandalf splash, you’d be at serious risk from corruption or resistance-manipulation Shadow. The benefit of being able to exert companions for a Noble Leaders effect just isn’t worth it.

And as Bib mentioned, every Denethor must ultimately be compared with Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith. LoMT is still the way to go!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
raptor22
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:54 pm
My guess is that Denathor’s Sword will have text similer to Saruman’s Staff, Wizard’s Device: i.e. "Make the first sentance of Denathor’s gametext not apply..."
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:50 am
Yeah i agree that would be the obvious text for his sword. Or something like "if Denethors game text adds a burden cancel that effect."
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IDK if we would still be worth it though...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:33 am
Well now the sword has been revelead and its a load of doo doo i can safely vote 2. Not a 1 cos a 2 cost 8 strength guy is cool, but burdening gondor is sooo not cool.
FortunesRazor
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:22 am
If he has his sword on when you move you won’t be able to use the skirmish ability to make any gondor guy strength and damage +1.

That ability would be amazing with Faramir and Boromir and Stewards legacy as well as Elendil, the tall with Narsil, Blade of the Faithful to get a damage bonus. He’s got all kinds of vitality.

Is there a way to take the sword off after you move?
Apopatos
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 am
FortunesRazor wrote:
If he has his sword on when you move you won’t be able to use the skirmish ability to make any gondor guy strength and damage +1.

That ability would be amazing with Faramir and Boromir and Stewards legacy as well as Elendil, the tall with Narsil, Blade of the Faithful to get a damage bonus. He’s got all kinds of vitality.

Is there a way to take the sword off after you move?

The special ability still applies, it does not belong to the game text!
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
FortunesRazor
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 pm
Thanks for the clarification.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit