LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gothmog, Morgul Leader?

5 (Best)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:39 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...

Should say "Both the fellowship and minion archery total..." but oh well.
Interesting.
While his archery adding may seem a pain to the shadow as well, keep him alive by killing other minions, then use his regroup ability, then use Forced March to wound at FP at minimum of 6 times, plus any exertions, other archery, etc., and the minions he brings back. Plus the new ones.

Once again, t might help to see other bits of the strategy before giving this card a solid rating, but with Frenzy of Arrows, that’s already 5 archery for 8 twilight, plus a big minion.

On the other hand, 3 archery is enough to kill off Gothmog, if he’s the only minion out there (which doesn’t really seem likely)

So much for rotation supposedly preventing escalation....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:51 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Boo! Evil or Very Mad

The minion himself might be decent, and I actually really like both abilities. But shame on Decipher for using the EXACT SAME picture as a card that appeared in Mount Doom (Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul), and the same lore as a card from the King block as well (Morgul Ambusher). Lazy, sloppy work there, Big D, especially with the picture. How difficult is it to get just one more unique picture of Gothmog? Jeez.

That, plus the glaring grammatical error ("Each the"? Eh? Come on, guys....), means I’m giving him only a 3 out of protest. Horrible. Crying or Very sad

EDIT: I did just notice one more little good thing: his strength has been upped from the normal 13 to 15, so he makes for for an ever better skirmishing Gothmog than usual. But still, I can’t bring myself to vote anything higher than a 3 with those lazy mistakes.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:39 am
An automatic 3 wounds on the Freeps! Very Happy And the Orcs, but oh well... Rolling Eyes

I am disappointed in the pic, plus "Each the..." Why, D, why? Crying or Very sad

But his text is sweet. A 4 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
corvus
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:42 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Regroup: Remove 2 to play the minion that adds 2 burdens during the regroup. Win f**** the game. Thank you for buying Gorbag, the card you can trust.

ORCS ARE BROKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNN!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
You mean Orc Miscreant? Yuck. That IS horribly broken. Think they’re actually take the time to outlaw one of them, though? Rolling Eyes Yeah, me either.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Shadows
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm
You know, as great as all these new cards are...

Since the wonder of rotation, and the introduction of the new shadow cultures all we have seen is power escalation to an extreme (which rotation was supposed to stop, but instead all it did was lose a large chunk of the players) and the introduction of 2 basically broken cultures (Evil Men and definatley the orc culture.)

I mean, this guy with a frenzy of arrows and saruman, servant of sauron = 7 archery for 9 twilight...and then you can grab both this guy, and the isengard underling (to get frenzy of arrows back) with goblin hordes each turn.

combine this with a well cycling, site controlling fellowship (ents anyone?) and once this is up and running (which shouldn’t exactly take too long with four copies of each of those cards) i’d like to see any fellowship withstand at least 7 archery for a measly 11 pool every turn (as after the first one you don’t have to pay for saruman, he just sits in the support area). and that’s not counting orcs other wounding capabilities, and any followers the fellowship may have.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:52 pm
This guy is extreme! It can be used in any deck to pump the archery, as long as your minions could survive the 3 extra wounds.

But, the +3 minion archery will kill!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:21 pm
Ugh. More cheap (and actually splashable) archery, and a killer ability with Orc Miscreant. Even one of those abilities would have been enough to make him included in a deck.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:47 pm
Broken and soon to be banned. Why not use him, duh?

5 for playability, 0 for intelligence making him.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:05 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wow, Orc Miscreant combo. Completely broken now. That’s what, 5 for two burdens? So take a bunch of twilight generated during the skirmish phase...

Wow, Warg corruption has just become possible. Play Miscreants on wargs, play Gothmog. On a warg? Maybe. Then use A Defiled Charge to generate the needed twilight for Gothmog’s regroup ability. In fact, you can just play Gothmog on a warg, and forget about any other minions. Then, in the regroup phase, use that twilight to play Miscreants to your heart’s content. And pile on the burdens.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit