LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gothmog, Morgul Leader?

5 (Best)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
anonymous22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:29 pm
Orcs are now more easily splashable with ambush guys...
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ambush...ouch. 4x Gothmog + 4x Orc Miscreant + 4x Raider’s Bow + a variety of Raider minions = big problems for the Freeps. Not only does the minion archery total go waaay up (Bow + Gothmog archery) but you now get those nasty burdens. Instead of Red Wrath, grab an Orc Miscreant for 2 burdens!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:38 am
Voted 5 as he is a cool card. Then realised how broken he is. Orc miscreant combo is sickening. Im beginning to despair of the escalation. At this rate even if i buy some T&D i might not use any cos its all too powerful! This is beginning to look sadeningly like D is creating more and more harder cards so the previous sets dont stand a chance and you HAVE to buy T&D. New players to the game buying a few boxes of rotk or shadows will get annihilated by these sorts of cards. Shame.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:43 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
this is just sickening. now I am willing decipher to stop after T&D before they make the game of shambles of its original glory.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:19 pm
Well, Gothmog can’t bear a Warg, he’s strength 15.

But, seriously, has anyone noticed? Gothmog has a built in drawback. He adds 3 to the fellowship archery total.

Exert some minons with Eomer’s Bow, A Dragon’s Tale, or use any of the many Gondor and Elven cards and watch Gothmog kill himself.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:24 pm
Yeah but thats 2 deck types that require you to have 2 cards out which isn’t an auto counter as you might say. There are others, im not disagreeing with you raptor, but the point is still his regroup ability. This is why theres a thread on D regarding playtesting. Sometimes they miss combos like this. Using him and orc miscreant can really shaft a fellowship. Its like the mordor fiend adding x then using "cant remember the name" to remove it then add it again etc... If playtesting was done properly this might not happen. having said that i dont think gothmog is the worst card to be released in T&D and i certainly wouldnt call upon him to be x-ed. Need to play with these cards first.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:26 pm
raptor22 wrote:
But, seriously, has anyone noticed? Gothmog has a built in drawback. He adds 3 to the fellowship archery total.

Yes, but he also adds 3 to the minion archery total. Wink Plus, he can absorb 2 of the 3 FP archery wounds by himself. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Shadows
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm
Also, the shadow player shoots first...

so even if it’s not possible to abuse orkish miscreant, it’s certainly possible to use gothmog and frenzy of arrows (plus any orc archery cards we’ve yet to see) to lay alot of cheap archery on the fellowship, even if he then dies.

I mean lets say gothmog, one frenzy of arrows and anduin banks against a five person fellowship with one follower (say Pallando, because that’s not exactly an uncommon set up)

that’s 11 archery for just 8 twilight. Combine with a site path controlling FP, and ouch.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if they would just erratra him to 13 strength and make it exert him I hink he would be OK. seriously though I don’t know why they made him 15 strength.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:29 pm
One word my friend. Escalation. Buy the new powerful cards or watch your decks get crushed by the new insane cards.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit