LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gothmog, Morgul Leader?

5 (Best)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:10 pm
Easy solution. Ban Gothmog. Rolling Eyes
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:05 pm
Gothmog definatly looks broken, but I think we should hold of judgement until the set is released and he can actually be played. The fact is, I don’t think that most decks will have a problem killing him. He’s only got 3 vitality and he’s adding to the Fellowship archery, and Orc culture has no easy wound prevention that I’m aware of.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it doesn’t, but as it has been mentioned you can just kill of your underling or miscreant, if his strength was normal...then you might have a chance of killing him, but as it is he is certainly good, only time will tell if he is broken.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Odin, GodOfWar
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:58 am
I think Knights can handle Gothmog with 4th level and gondor bow.

But I think orcs begin to be a big problem.

Tilted D
Cobra
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:19 pm
There are plenty of ways to get around Gothmog, Morgul Leader’s regroup ability. But even then, you’re still dealing with a splashable minion that adds 3 Shadow archery, which is fantastic. (Compare Elevated Fire, which is culturally enforced and doesn’t have a 15-strength body attached!) Yes, Gothmog adds to the Fellowship archery total too, but Freeps arrows are mostly irrelevant against a Shadow that can win without skirmishing.

The huge boost to any Shadow archery strategy alone makes this a very overpowered card in my opinion, and the only thing keeping it off the X-list will be the equally overpowered Elven Armaments. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
raptor22
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:51 pm
Rohan can take down Gothmog with Eomer’s Bow, Precise Attack, and Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon.

Shire can kill him with A Dragon’s Tale and Unheeded. And they can remove burdens easily.

Elven shouldn’t have a problem, they have enough archery and wounding of their own.

And Gandalf should be able to use Radagast’s Herb Bag, plus Gandalf doesn’t really have problems with burdens.

Oh yeah, and any card that discards minions in the regroup will take care of him too. A Path Appointed should see some use.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the problem is the huge amount of archery he can kick out with frenzy of arrows.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit