LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Elven Armaments?

5 (Best)  
55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:14 pm
In Standard, the only real good Shadow archery deck is the Men culture, and they already have a built-in way to remove Elven Armaments: Mumak Rider.

As for Orcs, it’s good to have SOME way to stop Frenzy of Arrows.
All cards do what they say.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:14 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
well like i said drop 4 on 4 elven warriors, that gives you 4 9/4/6 companions,
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:17 pm
Elven Armaments is hardly overpowered in the stats department, though. A 9/4/6 companion in a 2-card combo is below average by today’s standards. Treebeard himself has better stats than that, and he’s just one card.
All cards do what they say.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Completely agree.

How about an 11/6 stat with Gil-Galad / Elven Aramaments and his Ring? Twisted Evil

This card is not excalation. See Anduril, Flame of the West. Who would call that broken?

And something needs to stop that STUPID NEW GOTHMOG! Evil or Very Mad That is escalation. If that card isn’t banned, the game will die!

FOR SHAME D!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
this isn’t broken at all.
good, but not broken
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:54 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
well like i said drop 4 on 4 elven warriors, that gives you 4 9/4/6 companions,

Yeah, but then you don’t skip the archery phase, so it’s not a problem.

Oh yeah, and Men decks can always Strange-looking Men to move this to none-unique companion.
TheJord
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:53 am
And Strange-looking Men would also discard all the other possession that companion was bearing. Bye bye Elven Bow’s.
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:58 am
TheJord wrote:
And Strange-looking Men would also discard all the other possession that companion was bearing. Bye bye Elven Bow’s.

Actually, no. Unlike Shadowfax (I think it was), this requires the bearer to have no other possessions but doesn’t discard them.

So, if you put a possession on, that companion becomes ineligible to bear Elven Armaments.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
cool I never heard something like that before. that would be ...fun to do to an elven archery deck Twisted Evil
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheJord
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:09 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
Quote:
TheJord wrote:

Actually, no. Unlike Shadowfax (I think it was), this requires the bearer to have no other possessions but doesn’t discard them.

So, if you put a possession on, that companion becomes ineligible to bear Elven Armaments.

The card says "to play" not "to transfer" they are 2 different things, but I think you may be right because the card says "bearer cannot bear other possession". Whether that means you discard them or they are inelligible to bear this weapon I dont know.

I am not sure what the outcome would be in this case to be honest.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit