LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Last Stand?

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 7 ]  50%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...

First, let me say, SWEET!
I love the pic, even though its pretty obviously a photoshop.
Looks like it will work very well, especially with Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain to exert and heal, and Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion can get stuff back fun-fun. Alatar can reinforce the token pretty easily...
And at cost 2, requireing 3 tokens to pull, it doesn’t look like its overpowered, either.

All around a very nice card. But maybe that’s just ’cause I love Gandy Men....
I give it a 4.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:22 pm
lol, Brand is using Isildur’s sword!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:29 pm
Pretty cool, especially with Gandalf, Returned for token reinforcement.

A 4 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Pretty cool, especially with Gandalf, Returned for token reinforcement.

That card just gets better and better, doesn’t it? Very Happy

It’s a pretty good card, especially since it can pump ANY companion, even the Ring-bearer! The only thing that scares me is that it’s non-unique, so there’s a little potential for abuse, but I don’t think it’s too bad. I’ll follow the crowd and give it a solid 4. Thumbs Up

They should have at least put a mountain or lake in the background, though. I don’t think the last stand at Erebor was in the middle of a forest full of Uruks. Razz
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:38 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
I love the pic, even though its pretty obviously a photoshop.

Well, if you think about it, almost every image in the movie was basically photoshop too...
corvus
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
wow, Brand and Dain die??? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:08 pm
Cool, cool, cool, cool! This card is awesome. It’s easy to reinforce and you can boost any companion with it! Plus, it is an uncommon! I love the attention Gandalf Men are getting! 5.

Btw, where did they get that info?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:24 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The last stand of Brand and Dáin is described, at least a little, in Appendix B of LOTR, in the chapter "The Tale of Years". I think it’s described in greater detail in the Unfinished Tales.

Basically, Brand and Dáin have several times refused to give Sauron’s messengers (which may have been Nazgul) any information on Bilbo Baggins or the Ring he found, despite increased threats if they didn’t talk. Sauron sent forces to Erebor and Dale around the time Frodo reached Mordor. Brand and Dáin took refuge in the Lonely Mountain, but they were eventually beaten down and killed. Later, after the victory at the Black Gate far to the south, Sauron’s forces became a bit disorganized upon the hearing the news, and Brand’s son Bard II and Dáin’s son Thorin Stonehelm rallied the Men of Dale and the Dwarves and routed the enemy.

Gandalf provides at least of the description in one of Tolkien’s passages, and says that "Sauron could have done terrible harm in the North...if King Brand and King Dain had not stood in his path."
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:29 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
read the text dain since we only got one orc (BtO) he’s gonna KILL you!!!!!
anyway sweet card =)
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:16 pm
Wow, nice card! But it does look rather sloppy, with the Weta symbol in a weird spot and the picture isn’t all that nicely done. I dunno, it just looks like a weird card to look at, even though the text is nice.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit