LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:43 am
O dear; the only D guy that has time for us and he’s miffed at us. Not good really! Could mean the end of spoilers from now on. I really hope he calms down as personally i think his time and answers have shown D still care to some degree about the players and is someone we can talk to that actually responds instead of ignoring emails and issues. I think he’s a great guy and it would be a great loss and very sad for him to have been forced to ignore us. Think the endless pursuit and requests for spoilers on D forums needs to stop as he will spoil them when he’s ready and he clearly wasnt ready to spoil the horns, it is a Q&A thread he was running not a "bug me for cards" thread. I mean he’s hardly going to want us to see the horns for the first time by accident if you happen to know the url’s in advance is he? Shame his thunder was stolen.

Come back Mr DeFruiter! Homage
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:02 am
My personal feelings can be summed up in a few points:

1] If you don’t want the players to see the cards, don’t upload them to the website with a URL that any idiot could find if he wanted to.

2] If you post up the images, someone will find them. This is the internet, we are curious players, excited about a set. It is inevitable.

3] Clearly Brad posted the images in the expectation of revealing them to us. The only thing he can be upset about is that people saw them before he was ready (which presumably would have been shortly after he posted them).

4] In short, we didn’t do anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with trying out URLs to see what spoilers might be hidden. Is there something wrong in publicising the information? Surely not, it is public, and it’s the internet.

5] Brad’s response of - "If you find my spoilers before I’m ready then I won’t post any more" seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. What’s wrong with the players finding the cards and getting excited? It’s not like Decipher has shown signs of a carefully planned schedule of spoiler releases (compare to WotC with Magic).

6] Brad’s response also seems churlish, like his ego has been wounded somehow. A comment asking player’s not to look for card images until he has posted them would have sufficed. In fact, had that been made clear at the start of the Q&A thread, I’m sure this wouldn’t have happened.

7] Brad is quite right, he doesn’t have to spoil any more cards. We also don’t have to buy the cards.

8] I’m posting this here not on the Decipher boards for the simple reason that if Brad is annoyed, I see no reason to antagonise him further. Conor’s deletion of the thread makes sense even though I don’t actually think there was anything wrong in having it.

Anvar
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:13 am
I suppose you are right really that if you are going to upload images then people can’t be blamed for looking at them, a simple warning WOULD have sufficed. But still feel for the guy, after all it’s his own time he dedicates to us. He bothers to spend his time writing an article to appease those who have been after the horns for ages and suddenly everyone has seen his cards before he’s had chance to tell people himself.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:53 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Sorry, everyone. It really is my fault, since I’m the one who posted the link to the autospoiler over on D’s boards. Sad

I sorta assumed that Brad wouldn’t upload the images until he was ready to post the article, so I expected the article to come up soon, once I saw the horns.
Dumb mistake.

While I agree with most of what Anvar said, it really was a lapse of judgement for me to post the link, as Brad apparently wasn’t ready for everyone to see them. I figure that if someone finds them, they haven’t done anything wrong, but I shouldn’y have posted the link, because it ruined all Brad’s hard work for the article.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:58 am
LOL feel sorry for you AD as must be horrible to have your post selected as the one Brad goes funny about. The auto spoiler was a great idea as no one expected Brad to upload spoilers he wouldnt tell us about. I mean why would he? Everytime he uploads a spoiler he tells us right away as its usually in the T&D Q&A thread. Just happened that this time he was saving them for a big article. Can see both sides. Very unfortunate circumstance. Would still like to see his article. If only he’d have done what happened with the other T&D article and uploaded the images after... Ah well. Just keep fingers crossed that our bridges aren’t burnt beyond repair!
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 am
Of course, making a simple html page that does the same exact thing would be an easy task (especcially as it would be extremely similar to the post), and very to extremely difficult to do anything about (being able to be placed on your own computer).

I did like the idea - beyond everything else, it helped to see the cards with the rest of the cards in their culture in one place.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
wait how did this auto thing work in the first place?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:39 pm
NB just listed all the url’s for the card... so when the cards took there rightful place it would show up.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ah I see. I think.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:33 pm
Sorry. I didn’t realize the trouble I was causing....
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit