LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Precise Attack?

5 (Best)  
30%
  [ 4 ]  30%

38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

30%
  [ 4 ]  30%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:33 pm

Well, they got Ring-bearer right...

I like the idea, although it seems odd to be able to discard a mount for this. Very effective with vitality reducers and 1 vitality minions, otherwise can’t kill.

The other ability aids the Rohan Fighting Ring-bearer strategy...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:42 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Ooh, I very much like this one. Especially now that Rohan has limited condition removal that doesn’t seem to go outside their boundaries.

Very versitle, obviously. 5 from me.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The last option seems kinda weird alongside the others, and they shouldn’t have capitalized "wound", but this is a very neat card. A pretty easy 5, especially because of its versatility.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
raptor22
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:50 pm
Nice. Rohan has so many ways to replay possessions that discarding one is no dig deal. Not overpowered and great picture!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:41 am
Gets a 5 due to its great flexibility. Many uses make a good card. It’s annoying having a card stuck in your hand that doesnt do quite what you want just at that moment but with this you have 3 chances to use it well. Cool and versatile.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 am
Hmm, very interesting card! But I think I’ll have to play devil’s advocate here... Twisted Evil

Isn’t the second option is just a minor variation on the first? And isn’t the third option useful only against some fairly rare Shadow decktypes? And doesn’t the cost, discarding a Rohan possession, seem a bit steep for a card with a fairly minor effect?

Prove me wrong! Mr. Green
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:30 am
BattleWarg wrote:

I like the idea, although it seems odd to be able to discard a mount for this.

Ha! Brilliant! The thought of eomer launching firefoot at the Mumak Commander is an amusing image. As will the thought of throwing gamlings horn at him. Ouch! Hey stop that! d'oh!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:54 am
lem0nhead wrote:
BattleWarg wrote:

I like the idea, although it seems odd to be able to discard a mount for this.

Ha! Brilliant! The thought of eomer launching firefoot at the Mumak Commander is an amusing image. As will the thought of throwing gamlings horn at him. Ouch! Hey stop that! d'oh!

"Fetchez le chevel!"

As for you Cobra... Yes, a minor variation, but a key one. One of the big problems for Rohan (back when I remember, at least) was the fact that they could exert minions to no end. But dealing the finishing blow was sometimes harder.
Their key opponent? The 1 (or rarely 2) vitality Dunlendings. If they couldn’t exert them, they can’t get bonuses for wounded minions.

Also, it allows for an interesting use of Elven/Rohan. This provides directed archery, for the price of a Rohan possession (which they tend to have more than enough of).
This also allows it to be splashed wherever a Rohan possession can be (Shire decks with Merry?)

That being said, I’m also noticing the wording on the last ability... As far as I know, the only Shadow cards that can go on companions are conditions. So is this a mistake, or will we get other types of cards on the Ring-bearer?
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:13 am
Pretty versatile card, and neat text. Thumbs Up

A 4 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:24 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
BattleWarg wrote:

That being said, I’m also noticing the wording on the last ability... As far as I know, the only Shadow cards that can go on companions are conditions. So is this a mistake, or will we get other types of cards on the Ring-bearer?

Either way, "Shadow card" takes less space than "Shadow condition" Wink
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit