LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Lurtz's Bow?

5 (Best)  
57%
  [ 8 ]  57%

28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 pm

This is actually a nice balanced card. It works well with Final Triumph, and is great at cycling. A 4 from me!

Oh, and the best part about it is that it works with Isengard and Sauron Uruk-hai as well. This opens up tons of combos. Here are some of the best old minions to use it with:

Uruk Captain (lots of minion recursion!)
Uruk Guard (choose who to fight!)
Uruk Regular (swarm!!!)

I’m still lovin’ that exerting ability though. I love it when you can cycle and at the same time get something back in return, which in this case is a great counter against Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien and other companions.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I love three-culture Uruk decks. This gives the other cultures a way to get rid of any unneeded Uruk-hai-specific Uruk-hai cards. Maybe it should be cost 2, but its not badly overpowered, or anything.

Definitely a good solid 4 from me.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:15 pm
Wow! Sweet stuff!

This card merits a 5 from me, hands down. Very Happy
I had to put something here.
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:16 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
wow sweet a 5
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:49 pm
On Lurtz, this card is fantastic -- nice stat boosts, a cool ability, and even some hand extension!

I don’t like it that much on other minions (it takes a LOT of incentive to get me to play cards on my minions!), but at the very least it’s good enough to counter the possibility of dead draws. Drawing the Bow without Lurtz isn’t a significant worry, as you can always find some use for it.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I like it, cool pic, nice stats and ability, and it isn’t broken!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:56 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
May i ask what deck you use Mr.Brace? That sounded like you still play! Very Happy
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:05 pm
I haven’t played in a while actually, I’m just the kind of guy who’s building decks in his head all the time. Laughing

To elaborate on what I was saying earlier, I try to build Shadow decks that are extremely reliable, the kind that just don’t get bad draws (except for an extremely Fellowship-heavy hand, obviously). So in my book, Shadow cards that require certain other cards to do anything (like most possessions) have a major strike against them. But Lurtz’s Bow, Black-fletch Bow has enough versatility to overcome that problem.
Last edited by Cobra on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
wait I don’t get your second paragraph i think you mean you like support area possessions, but it might be you don’t with that last sentence...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Awesome cards, for reasons everyone has already said. It’s not often I can give hearty applause for a new card these days, or give a card a 5 without realizing it’s broken, but this is an exception. Very well done, Big D. Applause This gets a 5 from me.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit