LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Ted Sandyman, Chief's Men's Ally?

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:07 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...

gotta love a hobbit minion.
I don’t know how useful he’ll be in decks using stuff like the Ruffian and Rough Man of the South, but his liberating ability is nice, giving +2 for every minion, including himself. I don’t know how easy it is for Men to control sites. I should check that out.
He can also stack minions like crazy, with 4 vitality, more if you give him a pavise. You get a good hand early on, and you could use him to set a a major swarm for region 2 with the ruffians, I guess.

I’ll check how easy it is for Men minions to control sites, but I give him 4 for now.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:08 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
um ceremonial armor? anyway intresting hobbit minion a 4
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:17 pm
Cool!!! But I can just see a Shire player taking advantage of him, by using him to pay the costs for cards that need to exert or spot Hobbits.

And then if the Freeps player wants to lose his skirmish in order to trigger Sudden Fury, he can play cards like Hobbit Intuition to make Ted stronger. Laughing
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:17 pm
Neat card. His regroup text looks like it could help out with the Men infinite loop, and the strength bonus is awesome. Thumbs Up

A 4 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
cool ! a hobbit minion! a nice card, and the pic looks well...ted sandymanish
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m sure Shire decks will find out a way to abuse him, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I actually like the potential new strategies that would cause. I can’t find any real problem with him, and he’s certainly useful, so that translates to a comfortable 5.

Where the heck are you getting all these spoilers, though? Think
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
raptor22
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

They’re probably typing in the URLs one by one, it’s the way the auto-spoiler worked, but now you have to it manually.
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 pm
Fool of a Took might almost be playable now... Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:50 pm
Ha! any card that says exert a hobbit will be funny;

Halfling Deftness : shoot yourself in the foot!

A Marvel : Amusing

etc...

Regroup is cool for the men strategy, i reckon a 4.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:50 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
raptor22 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

They’re probably typing in the URLs one by one, it’s the way the auto-spoiler worked, but now you have to it manually.

Yeah, and using "preview post."

Except I have them all aready typed out in a txt file, so I’m just copy/pasting. There’s no way I’d type every one manually each time. Laughing
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit