LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Shadows
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:37 pm
--- description ---
My knight deck
--- end description ---

I haven’t played this in ages, and thought i’d dust off the old knights deck.
I’ve added in some new cards that I reckon will help, but any advice would be appreciated.

Total:35

Starting:
Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon
Ingold
Companions:
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor x3
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath x2
Elendil, High-king of Gondor
Possesions:
Gondor Bow x4
Gondorian Steed x4
Gondorian Sword x2
Anduril, Sword that was Broken
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow
Narsil, Forged by Telchar
Scroll of Isildur
Ranger’s Cloak
Conditions:
Fourth Level x4
Fifth Level x3
Sixth Level x2
Citadel of the Stars x2
Strong and Old

The strategy is fairly simple, drop big knights and then use fortifications to support them. Ingold can combo with sixth level to grab your fortifications back, and to help against wounding decks.

Give Elendil narsil, forged by telchar, unless you’re playing a swarm deck, in which case give it to Isildur. He should also get a steed and a gondor bow making him a rather nice 14 strength.

Give Aragorn his bow (which can be comboed with citadel of the stars, and fourth level to majorly wound minions) and Anduril. Also give him a horse and a bow, to make him a 13 strength.

Boromir is given a horse,bow and sword, as is Alcarin making them both 12 strength.

Ingold can get killed off if you need to stay under six companions.

Isildur should be alright by himself, unless you’re playing swarm in which i’d suggest giving him Narsil, though all your fortifications can protect him anyway. With Scroll of Isildur and a Ranger’s Cloak he can reach 13 resistance, which should be enough to protect against corruption.

Aragorn and Boromir provide plenty of healing, and if you’re worried about corsairs, then it’s worth adding a couple Noble Leaders or houses of healing, and throne of minas tirith.

I think it should be able to deal with most things, as everything goes straight to the field so it cycles well, and it can wound minions to death or just beat them down (all your main companions are at least 11 strength and damage+1.)

I’m thinking about adding in stewards legacy (combined with Boromir and a Gondor Bow is pretty tough) or maybe King’s legacy because it can be triggered by all three people.
Last edited by Shadows on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:06 pm
Where’s King’s Legacy?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheJord
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:23 pm
King’s Legacy is an absolute must, I started it in my Knight decks and they are solid.

As a big Knight player I had to point out some minor errors. Elendil will be strength 14 with the possessions you have mentioned because of Isildur’s text. Same for Aragorn he will be a 13, not a 12. Isildur will be resistance 13 with all the additions, thanks to Elendil’s text. Boromir and Alcarin will be strength 12. Very tank-ish.

If you want to generate more healing, combo Banner of Westernesse and Stewards Legacy with Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath and Gondor Bow to cause death to all minions and double healing. Healing is a must for knights.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
add another CoTS cut a stone tower otherwise nice! I personally don’t like KL’s.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Ransom
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:26 am
I use Garrison of Gondor in my knight deck. I’ve often found that the one more archery it does is the difference between life and death against swarms.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah you have already broken the rule of 5, toss in garrison, and if minions are surviving Imrahil.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shadows
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:05 pm
Ok, stone tower dropped for another citadel of the stars.

Any suggestions what to cut for king’s legacy and banner of westernesse combo, and for the garrison of gondor?
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:40 pm
Are the Gondorian Steeds an absolute must for the deck? I was thinking you could cut 2 of them for a banner, and Definitely king’s legacy.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:48 pm
The swords wont see much play if you plan to kill minions with Gondor Bow.
Shadows
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:49 pm
probably, it’s just nice to have the huge strength as a back-up, and the swords mean even if I lose the gondor bows (to say corsairs) then I can still most likely win the skirmish.

I might cut one sword for a banner of westernesse and a citadel of the stars for kings legacy

...sound good?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded