LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Declined Business?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

64%
  [ 9 ]  64%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:19 am
NBarden wrote:
Maybe if it was a condition with a Response ability.

If it was a Condition, then you couldn’t use it until the second turn, and by then, it might be too late for the region 1 boost.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:53 am
Lame-o! When I first saw it i thought cool, but then i realised you lose 2 Men cards from your hand and they get to play the companion again. Still nice but will never see much use. 2.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it almost ties them together. ALMOST 1 more card simliar to something like this but better nad it will start to solidify as a strategy.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:17 pm
Unless they are at site 1 and you happen to have around 6 Men cards in hand (and yet didn’t mulligan, hmm?) this card is not very good at all. Dropping 2 Men cards to get more twilight for the Men cards you haven’t, in fact, got anymore (because you wasted 4 slots with 4 of these and just dropped one of your cards) is pretty useless. Unless you have 4 of these and 4 other cards to discard, and just want to annoy the heck out of your opponent (or are playing mutliplayer).

Oh, and you have to keep it around in hand till they play a companion. Just for a bad effect. Hand clog, the bane of... well, every fellowship and shadow. Until, of course, you realize that you’re playing against Ring-bound hobbits, who don’t actually have any more companions.

It could be an okay meta-oriented, multiplayer-dependant card. But just okay, even then.

Although it could be good for those "region 1 strength +" guys, but I was under the impression they were mostly good for an early swarm, and if you ditch 2 shadow cards and your opponeent has an extra companion, a swarm isn’t looking like a great idea.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK you are right Laughing it stinks
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Piecesofeight
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:26 pm
Very underpowered card in my opinion
Cobra
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:09 pm
Hm, very interesting!

Basically it’s a twilight generator that can add a few tokens (let’s be generous and say 4) during the fellowship phase. But you have to discard another Men card as well, so (still being generous) it’s like playing two cards that add 2 each. Considering the requirement, which depends entirely on your opponent dropping companions at convenient times for you, this card probably isn’t worth playing. Much like the new decktype to which it belongs. (Oh, snap.)

I have to say I disagree with elf lvr, though. If you are playing the Fast Evil Men Attack deck (which I hereby dub the FEMA deck -- you heard it here first Laughing), then a Shadow-heavy hand with a copy of Declined Business for turn one is exactly what you’re hoping for!
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:35 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Pretty decent card.
But sorta limited utility. 4 from me.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Cobra wrote:
(which I hereby dub the FEMA deck -- you heard it here first Laughing)

Haha...and from all appearances, it’s an accurate representation of FEMA as well. Razz
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit