LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Our Time?

5 (Best)  
15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

46%
  [ 6 ]  46%

23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Interesting. It chokes the twilight pool in the fellowship, and then gives it back and then some in the maneuver.

Cuts of the ability to play minions, but gives them some stuff to use in the maneuver. Evil men are gonna love this, but Nazgul will hate it. Its kind of a meta based card, and rather specific.

Oh, and it requires exerting Gandalf. But its a spell, which Gandalf loves using. Hm...

And then removing it from the game prevents recursion. I give it a 3.
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I give it a 4, mostly for the coolness factor. That can either destroy the Shadow player...or shoot yourself in the foot. I think it will help more often than it hurts, though, and it can help a LOT.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nice card kinda like that one isengard condition in a way...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:23 pm
A 4 from me. It’d be cool to play it and then discard it somehow before the maneuver phase.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:35 pm
I give it a 2. Not something that I’d want to waste precious deck space on and it being a rare? Doesn’t seem worth it.
raptor22
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:56 pm
Sleep, Caradhras, Grown Suddenly Tall, New-awakened, and sometimes Introspection can all discard this after it’s played, but before it gives back the twilight.
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:22 pm
raptor22 wrote:
Sleep, Caradhras, Grown Suddenly Tall, New-awakened, and sometimes Introspection can all discard this after it’s played, but before it gives back the twilight.

Yeah, but how many are useful?

Assuming you get 3 or more twilight in the pool, have Gandalf and then play this:

Sleep, Caradhras - Exert Gandalf twice to discard each condition.
Grown Suddenly Tall - 2 twilight and exert Gandalf to discard each condition.
New-Awakened - 3 twilight and exert Gandalf to discard a condition
New-Awakened - 1 twilight, exert Gandalf and exert a Gandalf character to discard a condition.
New-Awakened - Exert Gandalf and 2 Gandalf characters to discard a condition and remove 1.
Introspection - Exert Gandalf to remove 1 if at a battleground.

Actually, not too bad. Although it’s an interesting thing that discarding a single condition rather than each condition is a single twilight token. And an exertion is worth 2...
Last edited by BattleWarg on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in totalOur time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:24 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Sweet card. I love how you can discard it early on. 4
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:39 pm
Twilight choke can easily become too powerful and cause NPEs (witness the X-listing of No Stranger to the Shadows, Sting, Aragorn, Heir to the White City), but I think this is an extremely well-designed card. Removing 3 twilight is fantastic, but you have to be reasonably sure that the Shadow player(s) won’t be able to use the 4 twilight they’ll get bNOLINKack later in the turn. If your opponent can use that twilight for archery events, skirmish pumps, special abilities, etc. -- or if you need to double-move -- then you’ve just shot yourself in the foot.

Raptor22 raises a very good point about mass condition removal nullifying the risk. But since those are some very expensive cards, you could also argue that they also remove some of Our Time’s usefulness. It wouldn’t really be twilight choke in a deck like that, just flood prevention.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:46 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Yeah cards like Grown Suddenly tall wouldn’t help that much.
Very well balanced unlike a lot of choke cards have been
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit