LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Sting, Elven Long Knife?

5 (Best)  
40%
  [ 6 ]  40%

60%
  [ 9 ]  60%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:03 pm

Sweetness!

First off, let’s check out the cost and stats. They are a lot different than normal weapons, but it’s worth it if bearer is the RB. You’ll get a nice resistance bonus, as well as extra vitality and strength. It’s just a bit more expensive than usual, but Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer can take away some of the cost.

The threat removal combos nicely with cards like Smeagol, Always Helps. Ring-bound Hobbits with Smeagol just got better! Just watch out for a Corsair Marauder if you’re exhausted. Smile

Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:06 pm
Meh... I’d like it better costing 1. Sure, you get vitality and resistance, but the strength bonus is less, and the effect, while good, is nothing compared to most other stings out there, IMHO. Good card, but compared to the competition, I’d rather use WoH or BotEL.

Since it is a nice card, though, I’ll make it a 4.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah I think it could have cost 11, sweet pic...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:17 pm
Great card. The fact that it is a regroup ability means that you can move to a sanctuary, peel off all the threats, and then heal the next turn before Corsair Marauder gets you.

Great for a Elven Hunters w/ Frodo RB deck. 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I give it a tepid 4. It’s a nice card and all, especially since Shire doesn’t have much threat removal otherwise. (And so cards like Merry, The Tall One, So Fair, So Desperate, Second Breakfast, and especially Pressing On get a big boost.) But I also think they could have gotten away with it costing 1. And I’m never a fan of messing with well-established stats in such drastic ways. These new Decipher employee yuppies care nothing for what’s been done in the past. Sad
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:35 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Not bad. Notice the similarity to Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:48 pm
Awesome card, right down to pic and lore. Very Happy

I think 2 is a perfectly reasonable cost for a possession with +1 to all stats and some threat removal, especially considering that it’s for a Hobbit, which means you can get a lot of mileage out of that exertion ability.

There are definitely some great versions of Sting out there, but I think this one can stand beside them. Great on a Ring-bearer, and/or in combination with any number of threat-adding cards.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:08 pm
Wow, this card combined with the Shadowfax form ROS is like peanut butter combined with jelly, they just go well together.

Imagine, add threats to remove burdens, exert to remove theats. Pretty sweet, IMHO. I like it better that any other Sting in standard format at the moment. 5.

I like the pic alot too.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:

Imagine, add threats to remove burdens, exert to remove theats. Pretty sweet, IMHO.

Basically, like Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom, but not an event.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:54 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:

Imagine, add threats to remove burdens, exert to remove theats. Pretty sweet, IMHO.

Basically, like Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom, but not an event.

And it’s not loopable. (Add threats to remove burdens during fellowship, Exert to remove threats during regroup)
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit