LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Arwen's Bow?

5 (Best)  
40%
  [ 8 ]  40%

45%
  [ 9 ]  45%

15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 20
menace64
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:58 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Anyway, this card is very solid, despite being totally ridiculous. (Arwen’s BOW?! Come on, Decipher. THINK, people!) I give it a 4.

Well, it stands to reason that Arwen would be trained in combat. Her father, Elrond, is a renowned warrior who was also the ’leader’ of an entire race. Arwen couldn’t have avoided sword and bow training (and even if she did, Tolkien said that Elves were naturally adept at such things).

Plus, Arwen’s old. If I had nigh-on a thousand years or so, I think I’d learn how to shoot an arrow. Wink
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet pic but it doesn’t look like arwen is holding it, heck it doesn’t even look like it is in rivendell...but a nice card overall.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Apopatos wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Wow. This means that there are only 3, maybe even just 2, Dwarven cards in RoS. Crying or Very sad

You mean in T&D! Yes there are only 2 as Brad have mentioned Crying or Very sad
As for the card a 4 from me because bearer isn’t an archer!

So Dwarves get Run Until Found and Gimli, and that’s it? Sad Drat.

Yeah and that’s unfair, isn’t it? Sad
Decipher owes us a dozen of dwarven cards when and if the next 40 cards deck is released!
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 am
Nice card, probably a must have for me, but I wonder about trying to put too many cards on her versus the rest of the elves. She’ll have Gwemigl, Asfaloth, Dagger, Bow. Where’s my legolas fighter?

Dwarves only two cards? C’mon. I don’t need a new Gimli, there are all kinds of good ones. I need a Linnar that lets me draw a unique dwarven condition from my draw deck at the start of the turn or fellowship phase.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Your wish is my command, Razor. Razz

2Linnar, Long-Desired Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
At the start of each turn (or fellowship phase), you may spot 2 other Dwarves and add 1 to take a unique Dwarven condition into hand from your draw deck.
“I don’t need a new Gimli...there are all kinds of good ones. I need a Linnar....”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue May 01, 2007 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:17 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I dunno. Maybe you should have to add 1. Seems a little undercosted, especially since Dwarves are dirt cheap anyway.

But yeah, why is Arwen getting all this stuff?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:25 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
I dunno. Maybe you should have to add 1. Seems a little undercosted, especially since Dwarves are dirt cheap anyway.

But yeah, why is Arwen getting all this stuff?

Heheh...I wasn’t looking for reviews, but thanks. GP I’ll do that.

In fairness, it’s been a little while since Arwen had some loving like this. All she’s really gotten since pre-Shadows is Hadafang, and that was way back in Black Rider. Heck, even the new version of Asfaloth (Asfaloth, Swift Blossom) doesn’t have ANY Arwen-specific text (which is actually okay by me, since it’s really supposed to be Glorfindel’s horse anyway). Arwen needed some good support cards again, so this is probably just Decipher realizing that and playing catch-up.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:25 pm
I think it’s just because Decipher had the prop shots. WETA made Arwen fighting equipment to be used at Helm’s Deep (originally, she was going to turn up there with the Elves). When PJ decided not to do that, they were left with this great equipment that never made it into the movie.

With the use of all these prop shots and WETA cards, I’m suspicious that Decipher isn’t sure how many more chances they will have to use them...

Anvar
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:27 pm
Anvar wrote:
I think it’s just because Decipher had the prop shots. WETA made Arwen fighting equipment to be used at Helm’s Deep (originally, she was going to turn up there with the Elves). When PJ decided not to do that, they were left with this great equipment that never made it into the movie.

Yeah, I figured that’s where they were from, and I wonder if we’ll see a shot or two of her at Helm’s Deep. I know at least SOME footage was shot there before they decided to cut her out...though whether Decipher has access to it or not may be another story.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

mm doughnuts
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:19 pm
This card is happy with glimpse of fate.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit